Chapter 30: Your choices don't matter...

Author's Note:
Holy shit guys, I can't believe we're at chapter 30 already. Thank you guys so much for all your support.
Enjoy~ <3

Author's POV.

Kris opened his eyes and there was nothing but darkness around him. It reminded him of the supply closet before they fell down into the dark world. With a groan, he sat up. His head was aching as he looked around, trying to figure out were he was. 'Where am I? Where are the others?'

One by one, he called for each of his friends. "(Y/n)?! Ralsei?! Susie?!" But no one answered. He was all alone in this black void. Kris decided to look around, his bones cracking in protest as he rose to his feet. He continued to call out but was only met with silence.

An image flashed before his eyes. The sight of (Y/n) scared expression as she was tackled to the ground by the guards while Ralsei and Susie were both unconscious. 'Oh no... What happened after I passed out! Where are they?!' Kris started running through the blackness, driven by nothing but pure worry for his friends. "Guys! Doll! Call out if you can hear me! Please!..."

After what felt like forever, he stopped, keeping his eyes on the ground in confusion and worry. Clenching his eyes together, he tried to concentrate on finding a way out, to not let his feelings get in the way of thinking logically. He took a moment to breath, sitting down to calm his mind.

"Kris? There you are!" A calm yet cheerful voice came from behind him.  He swiftly turned around to face the owner of the voice. "Rals--" Kris eyes widend when he didn't see Ralsei like he thought he would but instead, there stood his older brother Asriel. "A-Asriel?... But..."

"Oh my child, we were ever so worried about you!" The figure of Toriel appeared right next to Asriel. "Mum...?" Kris tried to wrap his head around the situation but with not much luck.

"Goodness champ, you don't look so well. Come now, let's go home and enjoy a cup of tea." Asgore appeared on the other side of Asriel, all three of them having inviting smiles on their faces. "Dad...? What's..."

Kris stared dumbfounded. How could his family be here? This didn't make any sense. The human looked down at himself and noticed his normal everyday clothes, his armor having disappeared and replaced with his favorite sweater and pants. "Come on little brother! Let's go home!" Asriel called to him, gesturing him to come with them. "Home...." Kris whispered, silent tears welling him in his eyes as he saw that his whole family is together again. With hesitant movements, he rose to his feet and started making his way over to his family.

"KRIS!!!" An all to familiar voice rang through the darkness. Kris immediately spinning around in alarm. "(Y/n)?--" His breath hitched in his throat when he saw the state his doll was in.

(Y/n) was located a few feet away on the opposite side, getting pinned down by black shadowy figures. It looked like they were trying to suffocate her by pressing her body into the ground. "Kri--" She wanted to call out again but was silenced by a figure covering her mouth as the others began to pull her backwards, away from Kris. "NO!" Kris wanted to run to her aid. But just as he wanted to set a foot in her direction, he froze, his feet seemingly glued to the dark floor as he tried to wriggle free. "Hel--" (Y/n) tried again with a cough, she did her best to struggle as well to get to Kris but the figures behind her owerpowered her easily.

"Come here, little brother! Let's go home!" Asriel called out to Kris again, his and the expression of his parents completely indifferent. As if they didn't see what Kris was seeing, or they didn't care.

"B-But... She needs--"

G̴o̷ ̷t̶o̴ ̶y̴o̵u̴r̵ ̵f̷a̴m̵i̷l̶y̷,̸ ̴K̸r̴i̶s̶.̵ ̴