Chapter 2: My Prince, I'm at your eternal Service.

I continued to run through the dark Kingdom with the King's guards still chasing me, yelling things like 'Stop right there!' or 'Don't think you can escape us!' or the classic 'You can run but you can't hide!' All of a sudden I felt something zooming passed me. It cut my arm a little and got stuck in a tree up front. A spade attack. I winced in pain and clutched my arm but I kept running.

I have to idea how long this chase had been going on but it must have been a while because I was already at the other side of the dark Kingdom, the field of hopes and dreams, and I would run out of cave soon. I came to a big black and golden door with a weird simbol on it. I gasped for air, trying to catch my breath from all the running. "Where is she? Look around! The King will kill us if we lose her."

I didn't know what to do. I was being chased. I was wounded. And there's no one here I could ask for help, and even if there was, I don't think anyone would have the guts to go against the Kings guards, especially when they present me as a traitor. I stumbled backwards and tripped, landing in a bush beside the door. "I don't get it! Where did she go?" The guards were getting closer with every second. I clasped my hands over my mouth, desperately trying to silence my sobbing. My arm ached with the leaves and twigs brushing against the wound, adding to my tears. "Damn it. I think we lost her." "Are you sure? What if she went through that door?" "Dude, there's no way! That door has been closed for centuries. Not to mention it's pretty heavy. There's no way that a little girl could open it." Their conversation continued going back and forth, coming closer until they were standing right besides the bush I was hiding in.

Then I felt something crawling up my throat and my eyes widened. I tried with all my might to keep it in but I couldn't prevent it. I hiccupped from the sobbing. "Hey, did you hear that?" My eyes widened and I scooched deeper into the bush only for my back to hit the wall behind me. Through a small opening in the leafs I could see that both of the guards were now looking at the bush and one of them  rose his hand to push the leafs and twigs aside. Just as I thought I was gonna get caught, a sweet melodie could be heard from out of nowhere. The melodie was calm and gentle humming. It made me really sleepy. It seemed that the guards felt the same way, because the next thing I know, is that they dropped their weapons and fell to the ground in a deep slumber.

After a moment of silence, I felt someone come close again but I was to sleepy to do anything, both from the melodie and the aching wound in my arm. The leafs were pushed aside and the only thing I could see was a black and green silhouette before I blacked out, everything going dark.

~small timeskip (about an hour or two)~

I slowly woke up, my vision blurry and my arm pounding. I rubbed my eyes, trying to clear my vision. Once it did, I realized that I was laying in a dark-colored bedroom and for a short moment, I thought that everything I had experienced was just a dream. But then I noticed that this wasn't the same bedrooms I had seen in the castle I had grown up in. It was nicely decorated and soft music could be heard throughout the room. I held my head, wondering where I was when the bedroom door was suddenly opened. A young goat boy entered. He was wearing a green wizards outfit with a matching hat plus a green pair of glasses. He also was holding a plate with some kind of cake and a glass of water.

When he noticed I was awake and staring at him, his face lit up and he gave me a kind reassuring smile. "Oh good, you're awake. I'm sorry I put you to sleep earlier, I can't control my pacify spell really well yet." I didn't say anything back, I was way to confused. "Oh, did I scare you? I'm sorry if I did... I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Ralsei and I'm the prince of darkness. It's nice to meet you... uhm..." I shook my head to snap out of my trance. He seemed nice enough. "Uhm... I'm (Y/n)... Nice to meet you too, Ralsei but... What exactly happed? How did I get here?"

"Well, I brought you here of course! I heard some ruckus going on outside the big door, so I came to check it out. I noticed you crouching in a bush and these to guards looking for you. I decided to help you and put the guards to sleep, you too... unfortunately." While he was explaining all this, he came over to me and put the plate and glasscup and the small table beside the bed. "But... Why did you help me? For all you knew, I could have been a criminal or something!"

"Oh please, you don't look that much older than me and I'm five. I'm sure you don't mean any harm. Which brings me to this question. Why did you hide from the guards? Did you get on their bad side or something?" I chucked nervously. "Well... It's kinda hard to explain. I'm from the Kings' castle and... you see--"

Suddenly, a loud boom was heard. It was so loud and powerful that all the forniture shook. We both had to hold onto the bed to steady ourselves. "What was that?!" I asked in panic. "I don't know. Come on, can you walk?" I nodded, since my legs were perfectly fine.

We ran through the hallways of the castle with Ralsei leading of course. We reached the main door and pushed it open. Once we were outside we turned towards the horizon, seeing a massive fountain of darkness rise into the sky. "Oh no..." My eyes filled with tears. He actually did it. "(Y/n)? Do you know what's going on here?" I nodded, my fearful gaze still on the fountain in the distance. "I think it's the king of spades. He betrayed the other three kings and is now shifting the darkness over the light. I was able to barely escape... What am I gonna do now?" Pathetically, I fell to my knees and sobbed into my hands. Ralsei knelled down next to me and gently rubbed my back to comfort me.

"Hey, it's going to be okay, you'll see. In fact, this was bound to happen." I uncovered my face to look at him in confusion. "The betrayal of the king, him activating the dark fountain, all of that was meant to happen. So says a legend. And the legend also says that someday, the legendary heroes will unite, travel across the dark world, stop the evil king and seal the fountain. And until then, you're welcome to stay with me. I could use the company. Given that I'm a prince without any subjects. So... Do you want to be my first ever subject?" He asked me with a shy yet hopeful smile, reaching his hand out for me to shake.

My eyes lit up in excitement as I jumped to my feet. Without hesitating, I cupped his slightly smaller hand in both my own and stared him in the eye with a determined expression. "Ralsei, I'm going to be more than just your first subject." "Wha-" I knelled down on one knee, bowing my head at the young prince and closing my eyes. "All my life so far, has been nothing but training to protect royalty, so I'm not only going to be your subject... but your royal guard as well. I promise I'll protect you from any harm, I'll help you whenever you're in need and..." I made a small pause and I stood back up slowly. "And I promise to always stay by your side as long as the both of us shall live. Will you please except my offer?"

It took him a few seconds to even realize what just happened. The speech I just had, was the vow royal guards are supposed to give to the royal family they work for. During my training, I memorized those lines perfectly, along with the gestures that went with it. After a while, Ralsei started beaming. "Really? Of course I'll except you as my guard! Oh, this is going to be so much fun, hehe! *cough* I-I mean, Miss (Y/n), I will greatfully except you as my royal guard if you also except me as not only your prince... but also as your friend. " My smile widend. 'This is amazing! Ralsei is willing to be my first ever friend!'

I bowed to him in respect and in this case, exceptence aswell. "Then, my prince, I'm at your eternal Service." I said in a gentle, quiet tone but soon after, we bursted out laughing as I straightened myself again.
And with that, we spent hours, days and even years just hanging out and getting to know eachother, bonding as best friends. All while waiting for the rest of the legendary heroes to arrive.

~To be continued~

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°