Chapter 28: Wholesome Bondingtime...

Kris's POV

Now that there were five of us, we decided to go on our way since (Y/n) mentioned that we were getting close to the card castle. We walked in comfortable silence, which was broken by Lancer. "Wow, this is cool!!!" He chimed excitedly. "What is?" I asked him, kepping by eyes on the path ahead. "I've never been on such a big team before!!!" Lancer replied, looking at the ground.

"Don't, you have a legion of... various guys?" Ralsei joined the conversation next. The young spade scratched the back of his head, as if he was ashamed of something. "Yeah, but my dad forced them to listen to me. So they don't actually like me very much." He explained sadly, obviously thinking about what that one Rudinn had said about him earlier. Susie scoffed. "Heh, well you don't need those clowns anymore."

"Yeah, you got us now. And we like you just the way you are." (Y/n) smiled sweetly at him. "Yeah... What she said. So just hang with us ok?" Susie agreed. It immediately made him feel better. "Aye aye!" 'I think this is the first time, these two genuinely agreed on something...' I thought with a silent laugh.

We fell into silence once more while walking. Only the sound of  leafes brushing against one another could be heard. I closed my eyes and listen to them. It was peaceful and I liked that. "Man, I'm STILL hungry. It's like nothing I eat here matters. Shoulda stolen more money for the bake sale, I guess." Susie complained. 'Well, so much for peace and quiet' I groaned internally. "... I WAS thinking of baking a cake later." Ralsei quietly offered, looking around at the red trees, just like I was. "Mmmm... what's the catch." She asked suspiciously. "... You have to stop making fun of me, for one." "PASS!!!" She declined immediately, her and Lancer both laughed. "Hey, don't be mean, guys!" (Y/n) scolded like she did a few times before but it was more playful this time. This whole situation felt light-hearted. And I had to admit, I actually like this.

We continued walking for a while until we came across a tree. "Look, Susie! A candy tree!" Lancer called excitedly. "Hell yeah!" The two ran over to it. Susie tried to reach for the last piece of dark candy in the tree, but failed since it was too high up. "...damn, the last piece's too high to reach." She growled in annoyance and slight disappointment. "Worry not, Susie! I have a special transformation for times like this!" The little spade stated proudly. "R-Really!?"

Lancer nodded. "Watch and learn, team!!" He stretched his arms out like he was going to summon something, he took a deep breath and.... bend down with his hands on the ground. "Look! Stool Forme!" I heard (Y/n) immediately slapping a hand over her mouth to prevent herself from laughing out loud, although a few snorts still escaped through. I felt a piercing pain in my heart again, hearing her laugh but I tried to shrug in off straight after. 'F*cking stop this! It's almost over. We're almost there! We're going to leave soon. Pull yourself together damn it!'

"... all you did was put your hands on the ground." Ralsei analized with a confused tone. "Hey, don't act so jealous." Susie said before hopping on Lancer's back and reaching the dark candy with no problem. "Hehe, got it." She laughed as she jumped back down. Lancer glanced over at the star-shaped candy in her hand. "Ooo, tell me what it taste like!" We all turned to him confused. "Huh? You haven't had it before?" Susie asked. "Oh... I mean, I've always wondered what it's like.... But I'm not allowed to pick it for myself..." He explained, looking down again.

Susie stared at him for a moment, not sure what to do for a moment. She looked at the candy in her hand before turning her gaze back on Lancer and sighing, dropping it in his arms. The spade fumbling with it for a second, since he wasn't expecting it to be handed to him. "Well, you tell me what it tastes like." Lancer looked up at her with surprise and awe. "You're giving it to me...? I thought you were hungry." Susie fell silent again, clearly not knowing what to answer without sounding 'uncool'. "... I, uh, changed my mind. B-Besides, I can just get girly here to make one, instead!" (Y/n) rose an eyebrow when she heard that, crossing her arms "And what makes you think I can do that?"