Chapter 39: The strange prisoner

AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!
Alright guys, this is going to be a long one since I decided to write out the entire Jevil storyline in one go.
Since meeting and fighting jevil is optional in the game, this chapter is similar. Kris and the gang do fight jevil and he might be mentioned in the future.
But I was wasn't sure when to put it in this book so this was the easiest way.
I hope what I just described made sense.
Anyway, Enjoy~

Author's POV

The elevator lead to a very dark room, dim blue candles being the only light source. In this darkness they could make out a long set of stairs. (Y/n) felt uneasy. "That's weird, I've never been here before..." She told the others as they all carefully made their way down the stairs. At the very bottom, there was a giant cell door. The inside of the dungeon was so dark that they couldn't see inside. But there was certainly someone in there since a voice started speaking. "Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, Uee hee hee... So Lonely, lonely, I be..." The person inside fake cried. The voice sounded weird, it was like someone was talking through a radio. The mysterious person continued. "But lo, four visitors standing inside? Who are you few?"

The four looked at each other with uncertainty but Ralsei decided to be nice as always and introduce themselves. "N-Nice to meet you! I'm Ralsei, this is Kris, (Y/n) and--" Susie caught him off,not really wanting this random guy in a cell to know her name. "So, what the hell are you doing in there?" She changed the subject. There was fast movements inside the dungeon, as if the person just jumped from on side of the room to the other. "I am innocent, innocent. I just wanted to play a game, game! But the boring kings found fun to be a trouble. As punishment, they craved to imprison my body. But I'm fast, fast, clever, clever! They lost their chase and locked up their entire race, building a prison around the whole world. Now I'm the only free one!" They explained. Kris rose his eyebrow. 'Well, that's certainly an interesting view of being imprisoned'

" Huh? Free? But you're clearly the one behind bars... "Ralsei explained carefully, not wanting to make the person upset. "Things don't seem such from here, Lightners!"

"Well, sounds like you don't need any help, then." Susie shrugged, ready to turn around and head back up the stairs to the elevator. The person stopped her. "That is un-so. I grow lonely in my little freedom. So, shall you play a game with me, me...? I'll show you what it means to be free!"

(Y/n) was unsure about this. She had no idea who this person was. She didn't even know this prison existed. This whole thing just seemed scetchy.

Kris was thinking the same thing but something in him told him to accept his offer. He had no clue why. It was like a gut feeling that this could answer some questions. "Alright, fine." Kris bluntly stated. The voice of the prisoner instantly getting excited. "Splendid! Splendid! Find the key, and I'll let you be free, free! The key is hidden from the eyes. The old shopkeeper knows a secret." (Y/n) instantly perked up at that. "Old shop keeper? Seam?"

The prisinor didn't say anything more, so the four just turned around and made their way back up. "You sure about this Kris? We don't know anything about that creepy dude." Susie asked and Kris shrugged. "No, but I have this feeling in my gut..."

Susie groaned, obviously annoyed. "Great.... Let's all free the creepy prison dude because Kris's stomach said so..." She said sarcastically.

"Well it certainly won't hurt to ask Seam about him, right?" Ralsei asked and they all agreed. Even if they didn't find the keys or decided to not open the door, they were at least going to talk to Seam about what they had found.

~Timeskip to Seam's shop~

We arrived at Seam old shop soon after with the help of the teleportation doors. When Seam saw us, a tired smile grew on his face. "Hee hee... Welcome back, young travelers. What brings you back to little old me." (Y/n) decided to not beat around the bush and came straight to the point.