Chapter 38: Lance's Room And Rouxls's Shop

(Y/n)'s POV.

On the next floor, there were another set of spikes blocking our path forward, so we started to look for a switch somewhere. None of us dared to say a word, the awkwardness was really intense. My face heats up only thinking about what just happened. 'I guess there's no denying it now, I'm in love with Kris...' I tried to sneak a glance at him but he felt my eyes on him and turned his head to me with a headtilt. My face immediately flushed and my heart went crazy. 'I wonder if he feels the same... He has to, right? This was the second time we almost kissed and he didn't do anything to stop it. That has to mean that we both have feelings for each other, right?'

My mind was going a million miles a minute, I was not really able to focus on anything. 'But if that's the case... How will this play out? He and Susie are going home soon, back to the light world.'

In my studies as a kid, I read a ton of books on Lighters and their world and abilities. I heard that supposedly, there's a big ball of light in the sky that lights up huge areas. And instead of the trees being red and purple, they are brown and green. Some really weird colors for plants if you ask me. But overall, it sounds wonderful. I'd love to see it but... I can't... Not only is it unclear if I can even go to the Lightners world, I can't leave. I dedicated my loyalty to Ralsei a long time ago, I have to stay by his side, not only as a guard but as his friend. There're also the kings of hearts, clovers and diamonds, and Lancer is going to need some guidance after Susie leaves too. I can't just go with them... I just can't....

My mood immediately darkened when I thought about this. 'Maybe Kris and Susie can visit us from time to time... That's possible, right? We will see them again, right?'

"You alright, (Y/n)?" I heard Kris's concerned voice ask me. I shook my head to get rid of all those questions and uncertainty. "Y-Yeah, I'm good. It's just... After all that happened... I can't believe we just met this morning... hehe..." An almost sad smile flashed across Kris's face. "I know what you mean, feels like I've been here a lifetime. I bet home will feel even smaller after this."

"Even smaller? Where exactly do you two live?" Ralsei's voice chimes in, curiousity clear in his tone. "Oh, it's nothing much, it's just a small town. Everyone knows everyone and there are hardly ever new people around." Kris explained, seemingly thinking of his hometown. "It's f*cking boring, is what it is! Compared to it, the darkworld is hella more exciting!" Susie continued and Kris chuckled softly. "Seems like we agree on something for a change... I'd live to visit this place again. Maybe hang out some more, you know, when we don't have the entire fate of the world on our shoulders." I couldn't help but smile at this words. "I'd love to see you again aswell." Little did all three of them know, that my words were directed to one of them more than the other.

While we were talking, we walked into another one of these tiny rooms with a small grass patch on the middle. Spikes came up behind us and Rouxls Kaard started laughing in triumph, apearing with a beam of slight. "Geh ha ha... Thoust guys really think that was all I hadst!? WRONGE! It's time for you to feel my REALE POWERE! Behold! My ULTIMATE puzzle! HAVE AT YOU!"

The puzzle appeared and it was almost the same puzzle as before, just this time, there was bit more room between the box and the switch. We all looked at him with neutral expressions, Kris swiftly going over to the box, kicking the box unto the switch with just two kicks. Rouxls was stunned and didn't know what to say while we just stared at him. "Ahhhhh... Ahh.... Ha..! Ha ha ha!" He started to awkwardly laugh putting on his best forces smile. "Gullible worms! That wasn'tst REALLY my ultimate puzzle! I have a wayst better one right here... here!" He pathetically lied, putting his hands behind his back, as if hiding something. "Can... Can we see it?" Ralsei questioned, which was answered by Rouxle responding with a quick "No." before he rushed away.