Chapter 34: Reunited at last

(Y/n)'s POV.

After a bit of walking, I felt my strength slowly coming back, so I was able to walk on my own again. Kris let me do so but made sure to stay close next to me, making me feel all warm inside. 'He's so worried about me...' The thought alone made me blush.

After a short while, we came across the puzzle Susie had solved by herself earlier. Ralsei noticed it and his eyes sparkled. "Aww, Susie, did you solve this puzzle all by yourself? You must really have wanted to save us..." He said and wanted to go in for a hug but Susie pushed him away by his face, an irritated look on her face. "Huh!? No way, I just...! I just solved it... on accident." She tried to lie her way out of her embarrassment. "On accident?" Ralsei questioned, a slightly disappointed look on her face. "I actually thought it was, uh, y'know, a slot machine. But it turned out the prize was nerds."

I rose an eyebrow and smirked. "Hate to break it to you Susie but I actually came to during this part. Susie tried so hard to get it right. You should have seen her, guys! She was soooo worried about our well being.~" I teased, pissing Susie off even more but she couldn't really deny it at this point so she just gave a "Tch..." and looked at the ground.

"Aww, Susie!" "Look at you being nice." The two boys cood, Kris clearly teasing. 'It's nice to see him so playful again. He had been acting odd for a while but he seems to be okay now.'

~about 20 minutes and a lot of wrong turns later~

"Ugh! Hey girly! Didn't you live here or something? How comes you don't know where to go?" Susie complained for like the hundredth time and I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "Well excuse me! It has been 9 years and I never was down here that much! So either shut up or take the lead yourself." I slightly snapped at her, crossing my arms. I didn't hear anything after that, so I assumed she calmed her tits. "Please don't fight, you guys... We just reunited." Ralsei said sadly. I sighed and Susie and I both agreed to stop arguing.

After another bit of walking we came across a large room with multiple cages. Once I saw this, I froze in place. 'Oh my god... Can it be?' The others didn't really realize my frozen state and rushed towards the first cage while I stayed around the corner, hiding myself from view. I listened.

"H-Hey! We are the former Kings! We beg you, free us!" I felt tears in my eyes, finally hearing the voice of my old friend and mentor, the king of diamonds. Then, the king of hearts started speaking. "Once, all four of us ruled together, but then, a knight arrived... and everything changed..." I got confused by this. 'What knight are they talking about? I never heard or seen anything of a knight arriving... '

I heard the voice of the king of diamonds begin to sob. "Oh, my diamonds! My little jewel! You must tell me if they're alright! If she's alright!" He sobbed while shaking the bars.

I'm sure that at this point, Kris, Ralsei and Susie already figured out the situation. Gathering all my courage, I took a deep breath and turned the corner. "I-I'm... alright... my king..." I managed to get out, rubbing my arm while avoiding eye contact at all cost. Kris, Susie and Ralsei stepped aside so that the kings had a full view of me and a line of gasps followed. I stiffened. 'This is it... I'm standing before them now... Oh God, what are they going to think of me...'

"(Y-(Y/n)...?" The king of clover asked and I nodded, slightly bowing to the three. "I-Im glad t-to see you unharmed, y-your m-majesties..." My nerves were through the roof right now. My heart was hammering in my ears and it felt like I was going to pass out. "Our little jewel! You're here!" The king of hearts cried out in joy, the king of diamonds had yet to say something. In that moment, I took his silence as disappointed rejection and I began to cry, nearly falling to my knees from all this pressure.