Chapter 14: Seam, the shopkeeper

Kris's POV

After Susie joined us, we went through the door. Ralsei kept glancing towards Susie, I could tell he wanted to talk to her about what happened with C. Round just now. (Y/n) was still pretty pissed. And honestly, I can't blame her.

Hesitantly, the goat prince tapped Susie on the shoulder, getting her attention. "Um, Susie, I suppose you missed what we said earlier... As heroes, we have the power to make a peaceful future. So, from now on, lets try to avoid fighting, ok?" He tried to explain as gentle as possible. Judging by the tone of his voice, he had really high hopes to change Susie's way of thinking but I'm... sceptical.

We grew up in a small town, I've known her since we were little. And never in my life, have I seen one act of kindness coming from her. She was always mean to the other kids around her. Noone knew why she acted like that and Susie also never explained it. The only time I saw some kind of compassion from her, was when she didn't bite my face off earlier because she didn't want to make my mom go through something like that.

I honestly don't know what to think of Susie. She usually bullied me but I tented to ignore her. But now, in situation where we're going to have to stick together in order to get home, I don't think ignoring her actions is going to do any good. Anyways, back to the conversation.

Susie stayed silent, just glancing at Ralsei with a usual bored look. The boy tried again. "Umm, what if you just took it easy on them...? If you weaken an enemy, I can use my pacify spell. Which, can put exhausted people to sleep! And it doesn't injure them further! I used to cast it on (Y/n) every time she started to overwork herself with training. It always worked!" He clapped. I gave the girl beside me a questioning look, silently asking if that was true. She just lifted her shoulders. "It's true. It annoyed me the first few times he did it. But in retrospect, I needed it every single time. I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to something like that, so I get that he didn't have a choice."

Susie grinned again. "Yawn... yeah, your talking is already doing that." She said and took the lead once again, Ralsei looking after her with a disappointed expression. I could feel (Y/n) getting angry again, her hands clenching into tight fists. I wanted to do something about that, so I very gently took one of her hands and lifted it. (Y/n) stopped in her tracks and looked me with curious confusion. I cupped her slightly smaller hand into my gloved one. Closing my eyes, I raised her hand to my face, I placed a light kiss on her knuckles, my warm breath gracing her porcelain-like hand. I could feel her hand relaxing, so I knew that it was working. I opened my eyes again and looked at her, even though she could not see my eyes.

She was no longer angry at Susie. Instead, she was flustered at what I had just done. "As cute as your angry face is, I think you look better with that perfect blush on your cheeks.~" I whispered. "You've gotta relax, doll. Reacting like that only gives Susie what she wants, just try to ignore her rudeness. It's how I dealt with her most of my life, heh." (Y/n) scanned my face for a few moments before taking her hand out of mine, much to my disappointment. 'Her hand is so warm and soft in mine...' The girl sighed and crossed her arms." You're right... I'll try. We have more important thinks to worry about. If Susie doesn't want to change her ways, then we have to warn the opponents about her." I nodded in agreement, as the three of us followed Susie.

~small timeskip~

Soon enough, we came across a small shop, which looked kinda stitched together clumsily. Almost immediately, (Y/n)'s mood, which was dull just a second ago, was now replaced with an excited, almost hopeful one. "Oh... my stars... Is this... !?"

She raced towards the shop, practically leaving all of us behind. I glanced to Ralsei, hoping that he would have an explanation for (Y/n)'s sudden burst of happiness. 'Not that I mind it, of course. She's so adorable when she's excited.' But Ralsei just raised his shoulders, clearly being just as stunned as I am.