Chapter 16: Frustratingly difficult

(Y/n)'s POV.

We started walking again. I felt a lot better after that little talk. 'I'm glad to have met them.' Ralsei and Kris clearly care about me... Susie, probably not so much but whatever. It might be difficult to say what will be waiting for us on our journey but we can do this if we continue the way we're going.

After a while, we came across Lancer once again. He took notice of us and his smile grew. "Well, flip my flapjacks! The clowns are back in town! Well, bad news! Since you last saw me several minutes ago... I've created a brand new fighting team ready to stop you! Not even the purple girl can stop me now! Ho Ho Ho!!! Are you ready to be--"

Through this whole speach of his, I had a simple smile on my face while listening to him rambling. 'He might act like he wants to kill us but he's a child, through and through. If you keep that in mind, his actions are even kind of cute.'

But the young spade got interrupted by non other than Susie, who appeared to be extremely annoyed my Lancer. "Stop. Stop talking." She demanded in a monotone voice. "Ho Ho Ho? What is that? Why are you saying that?" Lancer was caught off guard, he didn't know how to answer that question. "Ho Ho Ho? It's my evil laugh! Scary right?" He explained with a hopeful grin.

Susie chuckled. "You sound like baby Santa Claus." I glared daggers in her direction. 'How dare she make fun of him like that?!'

Lancer seemed a bit hurt by Susie's words. The tip on his head flopping as he stayed silent for a moment. "..... Uh, you mean, like, in a badass way...?" He played around with his gloves nervously. "Shut up." Susie said while stuffing her hand in her pockets, very calmly making her way towards the prince of spades, completely dismissing us as we anxiously looked after her. She stopped in front of him. "You REALLY think you know how to be scary?" She grinned. Lancer started sweating and stuttering. "W... well.... I...-" "Wrong." Susie states with a blank expression. "Man, wannabe tough guys like you REALLY piss me off. Face it, you wouldn't know scary..." She stepped closer to him, pretty much towering over his small frame at this point.

I had a bad feeling about this. I very slowly reached up to my bow, getting ready to pull it out if needed. I whispered to the two boys, who were silently watching this while situation onfold. "Kris... Ralsei... I know we agreed not to attack anyone but if she dares try anything sinister with Lancer, I WILL put an arrow in her shoulder... So don't try to stop me..." Kris nodded, understanding my standpoint. Ralsei was a bit more hesitant but slowly nodded as well. As much as he would love to give Susie the benefit of the doupt, he knew that right now, she was completely unpredictable and he knew that if Lancer was in danger that I would not hesitate to step in.

Susie continued talking. "... If it picked you up and bit your face off." Lancer looked down with a frown. "Oh really?" She approached him further and Lancer was backing up nervously. I now had a tight grip on my bow and an arrow already in hand, watching their every move. Susie grabbed the young spade by his collar and picked him up, closer to her face. Ralsei anxiously hid behind Kris, holding his eyes closed with his hand. "Oh, I can't look." Kris, was also intensely analyzing the scene with a serious frown.

The purple lizard fletched her sharp yellow teeth, an insane look in her eyes. "Then why don't we prove it? We'll start with the part... Where your face gets bit off. AHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!" She laughed like a crazy person and I had enough. I pulled out my bow and stretched an arrow, ready to shoot it into her shoulder to make her drop him.

Lancer blinkt at the laughing lady infront of him before a very excited smile stretched along his face. "Ohhhhh, ok. I get it! Thank you purple girl!"

We all stopped in our tracks. Ralsei was peaking from behind the stunned Kris. I took some tension from the arrow. And don't get me started on Susie. She halted her laughing fit and snapped her head down to look at the grinning blue Darkener. She was completely dumbfounded and if it wasn't for the dangerous tension a few moment ago, I would have laughed my ass off. "... What?"