⁰³

December 25, 2014

December 25, 2014

It was Christmas day. The Wen and Xu family have gathered in the Xu household to celebrate.

Minghao's parents had returned from China just yesterday. So, Minghao had also returned in his house from previously sojourning in the Wen family's house. His parents had brought home all kinds of food and gifts. They had told stories about how some things in China had changed while others have remained the same. They also told stories to Minghao about his grandparents since he couldn't come.

"Haohao!" Junhui called as he was running to the boy.

"Honey, slow down please. You might slip in the snow." Mrs. Wen said.

Junhui nodded, but proceeded to run to his boyfriend. "Haohao!" He gave a gummy smile, making the boy unconsciously smile as well.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Wen." Minghao said, greeting Junhui's parents.

"Oh, hello, Minghao. " Mrs. Wen smiled.

"Let's gain some weight today, Minghao! This year's Christmas feast is gonna be bigger than last year's!" Mr. Wen exclaimed, as if he was just about to win the lotto.

Minghao chuckled. "I actually really think that the feast this year is exceptionally bigger."

The Wens had always been warm and treated the boy like he was truly a part of their family. Although, Mr. and Mrs. Wen hadn't known about that the two boys had a relationship that was more than just friends. Junhui would like to tell them, but he wasn't too sure if his father would be too happy to hear about it. Mr. Wen was a kind person and also treated Minghao as his own son, but he wasn't exactly the most accepting person. He knew that his father would react negatively about his son dating another boy. He was also scared about how it would affect the friendship of the Xu and Wen family.

"Please come in." Minghao said, leading them to enter the Xu family's house.

Mr. and Mrs. Wen had gone inside, but Junhui had held Minghao's hand, staying there.

"Jun?" Minghao raised an eyebrow.

"Merry Christmas, Haohao." Junhui said, handing a present to Minghao.

Minghao smiled, taking the present. "Thanks, Junnie."

Junhui cleared his throat. "O-Open it."

The younger unravelled the ribbon, tearing the gift wrap, and there he saw a jewelry case. He opened it to reveal a pair of silver earrings.

"I know you like earrings. So, I got you a pair." Junhui said, his ears turning red.

Minghao held the earrings in his hand, looking closer at them.

Junhui took a deep breath, preparing himself on what he's about to say. "I don't have a lot of money. So, I spent all that I had to buy you that. It's not much, but I promise that one day, I'll buy you a wedding ring."

Minghao smiled warmly. "I love it."

Even though Minghao didn't exclaim nor scream to show his expression, Junhui could feel the genuine love behind that smile.

"Thanks, Junnie." Minghao kissed the elder on the cheek. "I really love it."

Junhui smiled. "Just on the cheek? I think I deserve more than that though."

Minghao chuckled. "You're still sick with colds, Jun. I don't wanna catch it. I already warned you the other day that you might catch a cold if you kept trying kiss me and get near me." He held the boy's hand. "I just recovered and I don't wanna get sick again. So, a kiss on the cheek will have to do for now, okay?"

"But-"

"If you want a kiss, then, do your best to recover, okay? Drink your medicine too. You probably forgot to drink them since I wasn't there to tell you to."

"Oh, right. I forgot about the medicine."

Junhui let out a high-pitched sneeze.

"Let's go in, Junnie. It's cold out here." The younger said.

The two went inside the house, relieved to feel the warmth from the heater in the house.

Junhui rubbed his hands together to generate some heat through the friction.

"You still cold, Jun?" Minghao asked.

"A little." Junhui grinned.

Minghao quickly rushed upstairs and immediately went back down. "Here." He gave the boy a hot pack.

"Thanks."

"Shall we start eating then?" Mrs. Xu suggested.

The two families had started eating and talked about all sorts of things. Most of what they talked about were about Minghao's parents' trip to China. The conversation was generally filled with their curiousity of their home country.

As dinner had concluded, the adults continued to talk. 

Minghao took Junhui upstairs to his room.

"Hao?"

"Actually, Junnie, I have a present for you too." Minghao said, giving a small box to Junhui.

"Can I open it?" Junhui asked, his eyes were brimming with excitement.

He opened the box and there was a necklace with Jun and Minghao's initials engraved in it. "Wow!" He immediately tried to put it on, but was having a hard time since he couldn't see it.

"Need some help?" Minghao clasped the necklace together. "There. How is it?"

Junhui walked closer to a mirror on the side of tbe boy's room, looking at it. "It's so pretty! Our initials are also on it." He ran to give Minghao a hug. "I love it, Hao! Thank you!"

Minghao smiled. "Should I wear the earrings you gave me too?"

Junhui nodded, very much eager to see the earrings being worn by Minghao.

The younger put the earrings on and looked at the mirror. "It's really nice, Junnie."

Junhui stood behind Minghao as they looked at each other through the mirror. "I love you, Hao."

Minghao chuckled. "I love you too, Junnie."

The elder leaned on the boy's shoulder, planting multiple soft kisses on Minghao's neck.

"That tickles!"

Junhui chuckled, placing a kiss on the boy's cheek.

Minghao smiled.

"I'll make sure to always wear the necklace you gave me."

"Me too."

END