⁰⁶

August 14, 2015 (1)

August 14, 2015 (1)

Junhui's eyes flickered as the morning had greeted him awake. He let out a groan, scratching his neck.

What time is it?

He checked his phone which was beside him in his bed.

I guess I still have time for breakfast.

He checked his messages, hoping to see a message from his boyfriend.

No messages? Did Haohao not see my messages? I'll just see him in school then.

He stretched his arms and got off his bed. After he had taken a bath, he did all the things he needed to prepare for school his closet. He dressed in his school uniform and a hoodie, not forgetting to wear the necklace Minghao had given him. He wore the necklace everyday without fail and so did Minghao with his earrings. He came out of his room, a backpack hanging on one of his shoulders.

"Hey, mom." Junhui smiled, walking to the dining area.

"Good morning, honey. Come eat. I made breakfast." Mrs. Wen said, putting some freshly cooked food on the table.

Junhui sat down, taking in the smell that the food had been exuding. "Oh, that's a lot of scallion pancakes." He poured a tiny bit of sauce and ate it using his chopsticks. "It's good."

Haohao would like these. Should I take some for him?

 "Mom, can I take some of these to school?" Junhui asked.

"Go ahead." Mrs. Wen asked.

Junhui smiled.

"Make sure to eat a lot." Mrs. Wen chuckled. "Here." She handed a container to her son.

Junhui took the container and put a few in it. 

"You should pack a lot, Jun." Mrs. Wen said, putting some more in the container.  "Give some to Minghao as well."

"I'm sure he'd like that." Junhui looked down at the food in the container. "Mom, didn't you put a bit too much? I don't think he'd be able to finish all these."

"No such thing as too much." Mrs. Wen smiled. "Share it with your other friends if there's more. I'm sure those boys would like it."

"Okay, mom."

Junhui looked at the time. "Oh, right!" He closed the lid tight and took it. "I better get going. I don't wanna be late to class."

CRASH!

As he took the container, he had accidentally hit the glass on the table, causing it to fall on the ground.

Junhui flinched at the sound of the glass shattering. "Sorry! I'll clean it up!"

"It's alright, son." Mr. Wen said. "I'll clean it. Go ahead."

"But..." Junhui furrowed his eyebrows. "Sorry. I'll get going then." He said, putting the container of food in his backpack. "I'll take this too." He said, taking the bottle of sauce from the table and putting it in his bag.

He tried to get to school as fast as he could and went into Minghao's classroom where there still weren't a lot of students inside yet. He looked around looking for his boyfriend, but to no avail, only saw his other friends—Mingyu and Seungkwan.

Mingyu stood up from his seat. "Jun?"

Junhui went further inside the classroom as soon as he had confirmed that the homeroom teacher was not yet there, walking towards Mingyu and Seungkwan. "Hey, have you seen Hao?"

"No, he's not yet here." Seungkwan said, letting out a yawn.

Junhui was about to take out his the food he had packed for Minghao, but stopped as he heard that the boy hadn't arrived yet. "He's not? Is he gonna be late?"

Mingyu looked lifted his wrist, looking at the time on his watch. "There's still some time before classes start. He's usually never late."

Seungkwan stretched his arms out. "He'll be here soon. Did you two fight or something? Why are you looking for him so early in the morning?"

Junhui took out the container from his bag, placing it down on Minghao's table which was between Seungkwan and Mingyu's tables. "I packed him some food."

"Ooh, scallion pancakes." Mingyu said, looking at them. "That looks good."

"Mom said you can have some." Junhui opened the lid. "But save some for Hao."

"Thanks for the meal!" Mingyu said, taking one.

"Thanks for the food." Seungkwan said, stuffing one into his mouth.

"There's sauce too you know." Junhui said.

"It tastes good even without the sauce." Seungkwan said, chewing.

"Can I have some sauce?" Mingyu asked.

"Here." Junhui took out a bottle of sauce  from his bag.

"Thanks." Mingyu said, opening the lid of the bottle and sprinkling a small amount into the food.

Junhui took out his phone, checking the messages to see if Minghao had said anything.

No replies from Hao...

"Did you message him? Is he even coming to school?" Seungkwan asked, taking another scallion pancake.

"I messaged him yesterday when I got home, but he didn't answer." Junhui said, refreshing the messages, hoping a message from Minghao would come in soon.

"Maybe he's sick or he's not feeling well?" Mingyu glanced at the screen on Junhui's phone. "If he is, then, he probably won't be coming in to school."

"If he's sick, then, just message him." Seungkwan said. "Don't call. It might be annoying to call someone who's sick at this early in the morning."

Junhui bit his lip.

Junnie:

hao
where are u?
are u coming to school today?
are u okay?
are u sick?
do u need me to bring u medicine?
is it a fever?
or did something happen to ur arm?
haohao
call me when u wake up, hm?
or just message me
i'll go to ur house after school

"Damn, the amount of messages, Jun!" Seungkwan cringed. "You sound like those clingy boyfriend types."

"I won't deny it." Junhui chuckled. "I can't live without my Haohao."

—————

Haohao is calling...

Answer  |  Decline

—————

"Oh! Hao's calling!" Junhui exclaimed, putting the phone near his ear. "Haohao?"

"Hello?" A voice answered.

His eyes grew wide.

He heard a voice from the other line.

But it was not Minghao.

END