¹⁰

July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

"But I'm full!" Minghao whined.

"Just one last bite, Hao. Come on." Junhui urged, holding a spoon of rice on his hands. "Just one last."

Minghao sighed in defeat, opening his mouth.

Junhui fed the boy the rice. 

Minghao ate the rice that Junhui fed him. "Okay, now I'm really full."

"Hm... maybe just one more?"

"Jun, no!"

"One more spoon wouldn't hurt..."

The door to the ward opened and Minghao's mother came in.

"Honey, you're ready to be discharged." Mrs. Xu smiled. "I just finished taking care of the bills. Your father is gonna pick us up in a while."

"Oh, okay." Minghao nodded.

"Mrs. Xu, could I also come with?" Junhui asked. "Could I also stay with Hao? Since it's already our semester break, I wanted to sleep over to take care of Hao. He still needs to use a wheelchair since his legs are still kinda busted, but he can't use his arms either to support himself. You and Mr. Xu also have work and can't take care of him. I figured that it would be best for me to stay with him for the next two weeks."

"Oh, that sounds great." Mrs. Xu chuckled. "Then, please take care of my son."

"Don't worry about it, Mrs. Xu." Junhui took a glance at Minghao, smiling. "I'll do everything I can for him."

Minghao looked away, a slight blush forming on his cheeks.

"Thank you, honey." Mrs. Xu said.

Bzzt! Bzzt!

Mrs. Xu took her phone out. "Kids, let's go." She turned to her son. "Your father's here."

The three of them got out of the hospital. Mrs. Xu was pushing Minghao on the wheelchair, while Junhui carried the bags and all his other things. Junhui carried Minghao into the car as they all got in and drove safely.

Minghao was happy to be finally out of the hospital. It's only been around ten days, but the gloomy and lonely atmosphere the hospital had was really making him feel tired. If not for Junhui coming to visit everyday after school, he would've been bored out of his mind.

As they arrived at the Xu family house, Minghao looked around, sitting on his wheelchair.

"I'm never gonna go back to the hospital ever again." Minghao chuckled.

"Honey, your father and I are gonna get going in a bit." Mrs. Xu said.

Minghao turned to his mother. "So soon?"

"We still have our work. We're leaving in about twenty minutes or so." Mrs. Xu replied. "Call me or your father if there's a problem or if you need something."