¹⁴

(TRIGGER WARNING)

August 14, 2015 (2)

August 14, 2015 (2)

"Hello? Who is this?" Junhui asked, looking back at his phone to make sure if it really was Minghao's number who had called. "Why do you have my boyfriend's phone?"

"Hello, we are calling this phone from the police station." The voice from the phone answered. "May we know who this is?"

"Police station?" Junhui was completely confused. "This is Moon Junhui."

Mingyu and Seungkwan went closer to the phone to try and hear the conversation.

"Yes, police station." The caller cleared his throat. "The found was found and brought to us here at the police station."

Did Minghao drop his phone yesterday? Ah, I know! Someone probably brought it at the police station's lost and found.

"Oh, alright." Junhui nodded. "I'll tell the owner of the phone about it. I'm at school right now and the owner isn't at school yet either. The owner might be absent today though since it's almost 8 p.m."

"T-The o-owner is..." The sound of papers rustling could be heard from the other line. "C-Could we have the phone number or telephone number of the parents of the owner of the phone?" 

"Wait." Seungkwan whispered. "What if it's a scam or something?"

Junhui paused, thinking about the possibility. 

"It's Minghao's number though." Mingyu scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah, but what if it was actually stolen or something?" Seungkwan speculated.

The three just looked at each other, unsure of whether it was actually real or not.

"H-Hello?" The voice called.

"Y-Yes." Junhui coughed. "I'm sorry, but you're not scamming me, are you?"

"Rest assured. If you would like to confirm it, please come to the police station. We would also like to ask a few questions."

Junhui just looked at his friends, but they only shrugged in response, not knowing what to do and what the caller had meant. "And what about the owner?"

"T-The owner is... the owner of the phone is here with us."

"What?" 

Without a second thought, Junhui rushed off. He ran down the stairs as fast as he could, he didn't give a fuck whether he bumped someone along the way or the yells of the teachers yelling at him not to run. He pushed the security guards on the entrance of the school that were restricting him from going outside school premises. He had one thing on his mind—Minghao.

After running for a while to get to the main roads, he hailed a cab. He was clenching his phone tightly in his hand. He tried his best not to think of anything bad that could have happened, but how could he not? He was getting anxious, tapping his legs and telling the taxi driver to go faster every thirty seconds. 

He got off the cab and ran to the police station. He frantically was looking around, trying to find his boyfriend, panting. He saw someone who seemed to be a police officer and ran up to them. "Where's Hao?! Xu Minghao. His full name is Xu Minghao. He's Chinese. S-Seo Myungho. His Korean name is Seo Myungho. I got a call that his phone was here and then they said that he was here and—"

"Moon Junhui-ssi?" He heard a voice from behind him.

He turned around and went up to that man. He knew that voice. It was the same voice as the person who had called. "Where's—Where's Minghao?"

"Do you know who this phone belongs to?" The police officer asked, taking out a phone from his pocket.

"That's Hao's phone! Where is he? You're the one who called me! You said he was here!"

"I... He's..." The police officer looked down. "Please... follow me."

The two of them went further into the station with Junhui following the officer. The Chinese male was clenching his fists, still trying to find where Minghao could be. They stopped in front of a room that was guarded by two policemen. 

One of the police officers that were guarding the door spoke. "Sehun, is this... the kid's..." 

The police officer named, Sehun, the one that was guiding Junhui, looked down. "Yeah, Chanyeol, he's..."

The police officer named Chanyeol looked down, unable to find the words to say, not knowing if it was even right to speak more.

"Let him in." The other police officer standing on guard said.

Chanyeol, the police officer, unlocked the door, not having the ability to look straight ahead nor at Junhui.

The door to the room opened and there was nothing, but a figure laid down on top of a long steel table, entirely covered in a white cloth.

"What's—What's this?" Junhui clenched his fist. "You said you would take me to Hao. Where's... Where is he? Where's Minghao?"

The police officer who guided him, Sehun, slowly went inside the room and stood beside the covered figure.

"What—W-Where's Minghao?" Junhui stuttered. "His name is Minghao, Xu Minghao. His Korean name is Seo Myungho. H-He was born on November 7, 1997. W-Where is he?"

The police officer said nothing, carefully unravelling the top part of the cloth.

It was a face. It was a person.

It was...

"M-Minghao?" Junhui went closer, tears were threatening to fall. "W-Why are y-you there, Hao?" His hands were shaking as he caressed the boy's hair. "W-Why are you p-playing pranks on me? Hao, l-let's get up, hm? G-Get up, Hao. Why are you lying d-down there?"

The younger boy's face was bruised. His lips were wounded and there were purple marks around him.

Junhui's tears had fallen, dropping down on Minghao's face. "Hao, w-what are y-you doing? Let's go, Hao. Get up. Let's go home. S-Stop playing pranks on me." He held the younger boy's hand. "Hao, please... Please get up. Please... Please, Hao. I-I'll do everything you want so... please..."

The younger boy's hands were cold.

Junhui held the boy's hand closer to him. "Hao, please! Please! Hao! Why are you... why are you lying down here? Please... please get up." He held Minghao's hand to his cheek, gripping it tightly. "Hao, please... don't leave me."

The younger boy's hands weren't getting any warmer. They were still cold.

Lifeless.

Junhui knelt down on the floor, still holding the boy's hand, his tears staining the floor. "Please... come back. Please wake up." He placed a kiss on the boy's hand. "I love you. I need you."

END