¹³

August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015

"Honey, come and have breakfast." Mrs. Xu said, placing down a pot of hot soup on the table.

Minghao could smell the savory aroma coming from the soup. "Okay." He said, sittimg down along with his parents on the dining area to eat breakfast.

Today was the day that Minghao could finally go to school. Okay, maybe it wasn't that exciting, but the boy was just a different breed. He was one of those students that likes school, studying, and doing projects and presentations. Although, he really just wanted to be with Junhui and his friends a bit more. Being stuck home alone without being able to completely use his limbs took its toll on him.

Mrs. Xu took a bowl and a ladle, filling the bowl with the soup. "Honey, you should eat a bit more. You passed out because you were tired, but had nothing to eat."

"Yes, mom." Minghao answered, accepting the bowl of soup his mother had poured for him.

"It would be good for you to gain some weight as well." Mr. Xu said, taking a whiff of the broth. "There could have been less damage if you had a bit more fat to cushion your fall. Be more careful next time."

"I'll... try?" Minghao tilted his head.

Ding! Dong!

"Seems like Jun is here." Mrs. Xu chuckled.

Minghao got up, slightly blushing. "I-I'll go get it." He walked off to the door and opened it. "Jun, why are you here so early in the morning?"

"I called him." Mr. Xu said loudly from the dining area.

Junhui just put on a smile.

Minghao was confused as to why, nervous at the same time.

Dad's not gonna tell us to break up or something, right?

He's not gonna tell Jun off, is he?

Did we do something wrong?

All sorts of thoughts came rushing into his mind. He slowly walked back to the dining area with Junhui.

"Have you had breakfast, Jun?" Mrs. Xu asked. "Come and eat." She said, placing an extra bowl on the table.

"Thanks for the meal." Junhui said, sittimg down on the chair beside Minghao.

The two boys were now sitting at the table in front of Minghao's parents. They ate the soup, while holding hands underneathe the table.

"Uh... dad. Why did you call Jun over?" Minghao asked, finally breaking the ice.

"Why?" His father paused for a second, looking at his son. "I can't eat with my son-in-law?"

Minghao almost choked. "S-Son-in-" He looked at Junhui who was beside him.