• • •

WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS PART IF YOU HAVE NOT YET FINISHED READING THE ENTIRETY OF THIS BOOK.

So, I wrote this part because there were some details in the book that u might not have noticed and I wanted everyone to see and understand my purpose for them. In the case where you might have felt confused or such about certain chapters, you can read this part and see if it answers any of your questions.

••••••••••

Chapter 1, 23: It was not yet revealed what had been happening at this point, but when you think about it, as the twelve boys were playing hide and seek, Minghao was also hiding from Sir Park.

Chapter 2: Minghao misses China and would've wanted to go back. Junhui promises to take Minghao to China during their honeymoon. But of course, in movies, shows, or novels, promises rarely come true.

Chapter 2: There's a part where Junhui says, "They say that when you kiss someone you love on the first day of snow, you'll end up living together forever.", but that day was not the first day of snow, like Minghao says. They kissed either ways, but since it wasn't the first day of snow, it was supposed to foreshadow that they couldn't live together forever.

Chapter 2, 14: In Chapter 2, Junhui holds Minghao in his arms. There was a line there that said, "It was warm. Whatever coldness Minghao had been feeling was replaced with warmth." However, on Chapter 14, when Junhui held Minghao's body, it was cold.

Chapter 3: Of course, this chapter was used to introduce the importance of both Minghao's earrings and Junhui's necklace. They both gave it to each other as a gift. There was even a line where Junhui says, "It's not much, but I promise that one day, I'll buy you a wedding ring." This line was supposed to say something like, "Since I can't buy you an wedding ring right now, all I can do is give you these which, for me, hold the same symbol as my love for you." This was meant to give more weight and meaning to the earrings.

Chapter 4: This chapter was supposed to foreshadow the death of Minghao.

Chapter 5: It was short, but there was a line that said, "...and that was how Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare ended.", and obviously, in the end of the said story, both Romeo and Juliet die. It was supposed to be a somewhat metaphor for the death of Minghao and Junhui. After Minghao's death, Junhui had committed suicide by jumping off the school building.

Chapter 7: Minghao asks Junhui the question, "Which part struck you the most?", which Junhui answers that he liked the part where true love's kiss saved Aurora from her eternal slumber, which is a metaphor for death, and that he thought it would be nice if a power like it existed. Minghao replies by saying that the power of true love's kiss was nothing but a fantasy. This was meant to foreshadow that when Minghao died, there was nothing that Junhui could ever do to bring him back.

Chapter 7: In an interview with Angelina Jolie, the person who played the role of Maleficent, stated that the scene where a man had cut off her wings was a metaphor for rape. Then, when Junhui asked the question, "How about you?" (pertaining to the same question of 'Which part struck you the most?"), to Minghao, he answers and talks about the harshness of the said scene. This was meant to foreshadow the rape scene that was to occur in the book.

Chapter 8, 11: In Chapter 8, Minghao noticed that the door to the practice room was slightly open. The moment he came outside, Sir Park was there, prepared with a gift (the pain au chocolat) for Minghao. If you put two and two together, you'll realize that Sir Park had been watching Minghao the entire time from the small door opening. If that isn't creepy behaviour for a teacher, I don't know what is. In Chapter 11, it was revealed that pain au chocolat was Minghao's favorite piece of pastry. Do you really think that it was a coincidence in Chapter 8 for Sir Park to have showed up in the practice room where Minghao was in while the door was open and gives him his favorite piece of pastry?