Chpt 34

I lean on the door, hearing him sigh on the other side of the door, tears falling from my eyes steadily. I fall to the floor, burying my head in my hands. I remember his face looming over mine, his hand on my cheek, the way I wanted to kiss him. It's not fair, he shouldn't be able to do this to me, why can't I just hate him? By all rights I should hate him, he completely demolished any chance we had of getting anywhere. Gigs like that don't come every day, opportunities need to be seized. And he was too busy to even grace me by answering his mobile. What the hell could he have been doing to not be able to pick it up? He has it with him all the time, there's hardly a moment he's without it. Must have been having too much fun with Jenny I think bitterly, my heart aching. I bite my lip, trying not to think about what they could have been doing to make him totally disregard his phone like that. I don't know how long I sit there, my heart aching, my thoughts racing. I'm jolted out of them when I hear another knock at the door and get up, drying my eyes, pulling out my money. It's the pizza guy this time surely, I think, opening the door to my dismay. "Hey Ivy." Jenny says, tilting her head to the side, a malicious spark in her eyes. 

"What do you want?" I ask her bitterly. 

"Just wanted to ask how the gig went." she says in a fake, overly sweet voice.

"Perfectly dandy." I reply sourly. 

"Good, did you win?" 

"I think you already know the answer to that, don't you?"

"Of course I do. And let me warn you now Ivy, the closer you get to Nathan, the worse the burn'll be." 

"What are you trying to say?" 

"Just stay away from him. Ring him and tell him you never want to speak to him again or something." 

"I'm pretty much there, don't worry your pretty little head." I reply, slamming the door in her face. This damn pizza guy better hurry the heck up, because I'm needing this pizza more and more. 

   An eon later the pizza arrives and I slump onto the couch, savouring the greasy taste of the cheese and pepperoni. I hear the door open and frown, wondering who on earth has my keys, no but seriously? "Who is it?" I ask, kinda freaked out. 

"Who'dya think Ivy?" I hear Tasha asking, as the girls pile into the apartment.

"Hey." I whisper, feeling like a tit. I mean it's all my fault that they didn't get to win the gig. 

"Stop moping around." Sally says, "And give us some pizza." she adds, nicking a slice with a devilish grin on her face. Maybe tonight won't be so bad after all. 

"Yeah, it's a real downer." Tash agrees as they all assume their seats. 

"We even brought Made of Honour, c'mon you have to cheer up." Sasha says as an ultimatum, getting up and putting it in. 

"I'm so sorry guys." I whisper.

"It's not even your fault, it's that stupid boys fault, can't even keep to his commitments." 

"Yeah I know right, he was here a bit ago." I admit, my voice trembling a little as I recall how I forced him to leave.

"He was?"

"Yeah he came to apologise."

"I hope you told him where to stick it." Tash mutters, snorting derisively. 

"That I did, I most definitely chased him off." 

"He deserves it the stupid git." Sally mutters darkly.

"Yeah he really did." I add, biting my lip nervously as I remember his face. I jump a little as my phone rings and I glance at the screen, Nathan. Sighing I shove it to one side, not wanting to talk to him right now. 

"Is that him?" 

"Yeah." I reply sullenly, picking up some more pizza. The phone keeps buzzing and I keep ignoring it as the girls all sigh. 

   I open my eyes, yawning, as I glance at the time, geez it's late. I look at the girls to see they're all asleep on the sofa and I groan as I realise I need to get to work in an hour. I grab my phone to see endless missed calls from Nathan and a text. I open the text, wary of what it'll contain. Ivy, I know what I did was wrong and completely unforgivable. But I have to ask you to forgive me because I can't lose you, I can't imagine life without you. We've been through everything together and there's no way I'm gonna lose you because of my stupid mistake. Please just tell me you'll be at the wedding, just tell me that you'll be there. I don't know if the girls are still up for singing or not but I can't not have you there Ivy. Please? I close my eyes and sigh as I read it over and over, my mind going awol. "Whats up Ivy?" I hear Sasha asking me quietly.

"Nath is wondering if I'm going to be going to his wedding." I reply drily. 

"What?"

"Yeah and he's asking whether or not we're still good to perform." I mutter, annoyed. 

"Well I think I have a good idea."  she says, smirking evilly. 

"Care to enlighten the rest of us?" I ask her, my thoughts whirring as to what this idea of hers could be. 

-Nath's POV-

I bite my lip, my thoughts running all over the place. "What's wrong Nath?" Jenny asks me, looking at me worriedly. 

"Nothing." I reply, subdued.

"Ok, I better be off then." she whispers, kissing me on the cheek before getting out of the car to go get her wedding dress fitted. I nod absentmindedly as she does so, watching her walk into the boutique before driving away, Ivy's words still playing in my head. Leave me alone Nathan Gabriel Green, just leave. Damn I've screwed up big time with this. Annoyed I shove a CD into the disc, wanting to take my mind off everything, surprised to hear Ivy's voice reverberating back at me. Friday night beneath the stars, in a field behind your yard you and I were painting pictures in the sky. I listen to the whole song, my heart thundering. Damn it sounds so raw and familiar. I can only assume the song is about us. As soon as the CD ends I pull over and take it out of the drive, flipping it to the front side to read the words Demo CD. So this is a demo CD for Big Break Studios? If I can somehow get them to listen to it then maybe, just maybe, Ivy'll forgive me. I hear my phone buzz and glance at the screen, thinking it'll be Jenny with what time she needs to be picked up. I see it's a reply from Ivy and my heart starts to get nervous, what if she's cutting me off? I think, getting all panicky. Taking a deep breath I open the text and feel my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach. Nathan I can't come to the wedding. The girls are still good to sing. She didn't even sign it off like she usually does with a 'love Ivy' or something quirky like that. I put the phone back into my pocket, clenching the steering wheel even tighter as I head over to the Big Break Studios. Damn it I will get them to listen to their demo before the weeks up, I am not having a wedding without Ivy there. 

AN: Ooooh ok, you're all gunna have to hang tight for a bit as I haven't updated Undercover Lover in eons (like nearly a month...oops) so I need to work on that. But for the time being, enjoy this :)