Chpt 6

"I have something that I need to discuss with you and Nathan." Gemma says to me as we approach their house. I nod, worried that she's worked it out.

"Alright." I reply, slightly worried. I hope that Jenny's gone. I mean Nathan did text me that she was leaving, but all the same.

"You're a sweet girl." Gemma whispers. I smile at her.

"I'm glad you think so." I whisper.

"Nathan made the right choice." she tells me.

"Yeah, I suppose he did, didn't he?" I mumble, parking. I mean what am I supposed to say to that? There's not really an answer for that. I get out of the car and open the door for Gemma. 
"Thanks dear." she says, getting out. 
"Are you tired?" I ask her delicately. she nods as we walk in. "Nathan?" I say as we walk up the stairs. 
"Hey, Ivy. Mum." he says in a distracted voice. Gemma smiles at me and waddles into her room. I hear the door close and I glance at Nathan.
"You ok?" I whisper.
"Yeah, no, I don't know." he says, sighing.
"Hmm. well I don't think that there's anything that I can say that'll cheer you up, but I think that there's something that I can do." I tell him. he smiles at me.
"Does it maybe involve sitting on a sofa?"
"Why, yes it does."
"Popcorn?"
"Check."
"Films?"
"Check. but not horror."
"Aww, come on they're the best!"
"No!"
"Yeah! come on, this is my cheer up, so I should get to pick the films." he says, pouting at me. I sigh.
"Fine but don't blame me if I start to cling!"
"It's fine. I think it's quite funny actually." 
"It is not funny at all!" I whine. He just grins. 
"Ok, come on then, time to go film browsing." he says. An hour later, with a bunch of DVD's we sit in his room, on the sofa, facing the TV. 
"I swear to God that if you choose a horror film to watch first-" I start, but he just grins and pulls out Saw. 
"There you go!"
"That's a horror film, you promised in the store that you wouldn't pick one of those first." I moan.
"Well as a matter of fact it's a suspense slash thriller and so it's not actually a horror film." he says, putting it in and see me grab a cushion.
"You're mean." I tell him. he simply laughs at this.
"Jeronimo!" he shouts, jumping onto the sofa. I sigh.
"Did you get popcorn?" I ask him. He looks at me blankly.
"I thought it was your turn?"
"No! I got it last time." I remind him.
"Did not!"
"Did so!"
"Oh really, when was it?"
"Fifth movie mash after John left." I inform him, jutting my tongue out at him. He frowns, as if thinking. "We were watching P.S I Love You?" I prompt, he grins at this.
"Oh yeah!"
"So you getting the popcorn or what?" I ask him. he shrugs.
"Let's just order pizza." he suggests. 
"Ok. although I don't see the big fascination with pizza to be honest."
"What's wrong with pizza?" he asks me, picking up the phone.
"Nothing really, I just don't see why guys think it's so cool is all."
"It's easy to eat, tasty and quick to order." he tells me. I nod.
"Ok, just order." I tell him, rolling my eyes as I watch the commercials. He orders and grins at me. "What?" I ask suspiciously. 
"Guess which pizza I got for you?" 
"Nathan you better not have ordered that anchovy crap because I'll leave if you have." I warn him. Upon hearing this he puts on his puppy dog eyes. 
"Will you reakky?" he asks me. I nod, staring at him icily.
"Ok, jeez, I was joking. I have ordered the magharita for you. Don't give me the Ice Queen Stare you know that it gives me the creeps." he whines. I smile.
"Fine, the films starting though." I inform him. 
>>ff an hour or so >>
"Oh God he's going to saw his freaking leg off!" I squeal, abandoning my pizza slice and burying my head in Nathan's shoulder. 
"It's not that bad, sheesh." he says, somehow taking another bite out of his slice. Eugh how can he manage to do that when that guy is hacking at his ankle?!
"It's bloody gross."
"It's bloody alright." he says, laughing as I clutch to him tighter.
"Ugh, come on, that's just sick." I whisper, shaking now.
"Hey don't worry about it so much! Sheesh, it's just a film."
"Just a film." I mutter, standing up.
"Where are you going?" he asks me.
"The toilet." I reply.
"Ok, but you know the rules." he warns. I nod absent-mindedly. I have to get out of this room. Eugh, the thought of that man cutting himself... nope. that's too much. I shudder as I step into nathan's en-suite.when I'm done I walk out to see the film's ended and he's started on some other horror movie. I groan. This is so stupid. I hate these movies. I walk back over to him, sitting down. he looks at me with a knowing grin and I frown at him. "Why, just why?" I ask him,
"It's actually kinda amusing." he informs me. 
"Shut up!" I whine.
"You're just being a baby now."
"I'm not being a baby! I'm very mature, it's weirdos like you who find pleasure in watching people suffer that are crazy."
"Doesn't stop you being a baby." he teases me. I thump him with my cushion and pick up my pizza slice. "Baby." he whispers. I glance at him.
"Well at least i'm cute and innocent."
"Oh, sorry, let me re-phrase that. ugly uninnocent baby." he says, taunting me. I sigh.
"Geez, thanks. I feel so appreciated." I say, sighing. He studies my face carefully, and for some reason John swarms into my mind. I don't know why and I don't know where he came from, but I feel hot embers burning in my eyes. I promised myself I wouldn't cry over him anymore. I'm not going to cry over him anymore, dammit. This whole movie thing was to make Nathan feel better, if I start crying that kinda defies the point. "Ivy?" I hear him whisper.
"What?" I ask quietly.
"You ok?"
"I'm fine." I lie.
"You're doing the monosyllabic thing again." he whispers. I only do that when i'm sad. I shrug.
"Doesn't matter."
"It wasn't what I said, was it?" he asks me tenderly. I shake my head, smiling at him.
"Nathan you would never hurt me, I know that." I tell him, pulling him into a hug to avoid his gaze. But he knows me too well and he tenderly breaks the hug, forcing me to look him in the eyes allowing him to read me. 
"I reminded you of John, didn't I?" he asks me. I nod, knowing that there's simply no point in lying. "Well he's a dick and you don't need him."
"I know." I mumble.
"You'll find someone Ivy, someone who will love you properly."
"Yeah." I whisper, not really believing him. I mean everyone says that I deserve better, but where is this better? Is there a field of men who are labelled 'better' and I have to find this field and pluck one?
"You will. I know you don't think that, but you're amazing in your own right. He was just too stupid to see what he was missing is all." Nathan whispers, hugging me. I sigh, sometimes it's really hard to believe in soul mates.