Epilogue

I take a deep breath in as I glance at the mirror. Am I truly ready for this? It's such a big day! So nerve wracking to think it's actually happening because I've spent so long daydreaming about this very moment. I think back over the past year and how this all fell into place and my stomach does a few backflips. Could this be real? I pinch myself because I feel like I'm dreaming and frown as I realise that it did hurt me. So this is all real. Every minute that has been leading up to this, it's all been in preparation and I have to go out there and give my all. I glance down at the wedding dress I've donned and grin to myself. I can totally do this, I reassure myself. "Hey Ivy, are you ready now?" I hear Steph asking, poking her head around the door. 

"I'm in the dress and my make up is done if that's what you're asking."

"Ohhh we can come in then?" she asks, opening the door before I can even say anything. "Ugh it's so cramped in here." she moans, as the girls pile in, wearing their pastel pink bridesmaid dresses. They all look so beautiful. 

"Wow Ivy, you look absolutely stunning!" Tash gasps as she walks in and see my full look. 

"She really does, I'm heart eyes emjoi-ing right now!" Sasha squeals, vlogging for the behind the scenes video. "Smile for the camera Ivy!" she sings, pointing the camera in my direction. I grin as I give a little twirl for the camera. 

"Are you ready for this? How are you feeling right now? Any jitters? Nervous? Excited?" Sasha interrogates me, causing me to laugh.

"I'm pretty excited to be honest with you all. This is something I've dreamt about all my life, as any musician does! I'm sure the other girls are feeling the same, right?"

"Yeah we sure as heck are!" Sally exclaims, jumping on the spot. Sasha swivels the camera to face her and they start giggling about something. My phone starts to buzz and Tash raises her eyebrows in a suggestive manner, making kissy faces as I look at the caller ID. 

"Hey Nath, how're you?" I ask, causing all of the girls to stop what they're doing and make cooing noises.

"I'm good, on my way. How are you feeling, it's a pretty big day today."

"I'm rather excited for it if I'm being honest."

"Me too. You guys are gunna kill this music video, I just know it."

"Well I'm glad we have your confidence to back us. It's weird though, the first few scenes we're doing are the daydreaming ones so I'm in this wedding dress and-"

"Can't wait to see you then." he cuts in. 

"How sweet of you." I reply, smoothing the dress. "Wait, are you driving?" I ask, concerned.

"Nope, just getting lost in this car park. Can't seem to find the front door to the building." he says, chuckling. 

"I'm sure you'll get there Mr Lawyer, use those savvy skills."

"Ivy... lawyers find ways out of things, not into them." 

"Well now you're switching to Mr Smart Alec and he should find his way into a building."

"You got me there, see you in a bit love." he replies, making a kissing noise before hanging up. I blush a little as I put the phone on my dressing table, playing with my fake engagement ring. 

"Girls you'll be needed on set in five minutes." I hear the director saying as she walks past the door. 

   After the scenes are finished I walk back to my dressing room, my heart thundering in my chest. What an experience! "You did great Ivy." Nathan says, walking beside me and casually taking my hand. I smile up at him, taking off my fake engagement ring. "Here's the real one back." he says, handing it to me. 

"Why thank you kind sir, my fiance wouldn't be too happy if I'd lost that."

"Good thing you gave it to a reliable young lad before getting ready for this shoot then, eh?" he asks me, squeezing my hand softly. I smile at this. We enter the dressing room and I sink onto a chair, only just realising how exhausting the whole experience was. "Everything ok?" he asks me, squishing next to me. I glance at him and smile widely. 

"Everything is perfect. I actually can't believe how far we've come if I'm honest. One minute you aren't showing up for the show and we're turfed, next you give our demo CD to Big Break Studios and then we're propelled into stardom with two hit singles and a third one which is highly anticipated. This music video is just the tip of the iceberg of everything!" 

"You've worked really hard and you really deserve it all. Plus I have a little soft spot for Speak Now seeing as it's such a momentous song." he says, tapping my nose lightly. 

"Hmmm yeah, it does have something about it, doesn't it?"

"And the fact that you have a fan base who are vying for this video to be released can't hurt, can it?" he asks me, adjusting our seating arrangement so we're facing each other. 

"No it doesn't hurt at all." I reply.

"As long as everyone knows you're taken then I would agree." he says, his hand on my cheek and a protective glint in his eye. I laugh at his naivety and turn my face to kiss his hand. Looking at him I smile.

"I could never love someone the way I love you Nathan Gabriel Green." I whisper, before leaning in towards him.

"I'll always love you more." he whispers back, before kissing me. 

AN: Sorry not sorry about the little twist at the beginning >.< 

Hope you guys enjoyed the book and the epilogue! Unfortunately that's where it all ends for these characters, I won't be writing anymore of them :(

I am working on something new though, it's a different style but should be coming soonish... look forward to it!

As always, much love and thanks for going through this journey with Ivy and Nathan xxx