Chpt 29

I glance at Nathan's face, not sure what I expect to find. I warily turn to see the girls all scowling in Jenny's direction. Oh dear, that's not healthy in the slightest. Jenny approaches in her heels, the sight of beauty, smiling softly as she does. My stomach drops as I watch Nathan's unreadable face, his fingers moving as if he's strumming the air. He's clearly tense, I'm just unsure of whether that's a positive or a negative thing at this moment. "Hey Nathan, can we talk?" Jenny whispers as she approaches.

"I think the time for talking has past, don't you?" Henry says, stepping in between the two of them. Uh oh. 

"And you are...?" she asks, raising her eyebrows in disgust. 

"He's my cousin." Nathan says, placing his hand firmly on Henry's arm and squeezing rather tightly. 

"Right. Cousin, I'm sure we haven't met before, have we?" she asks, frowning as if trying to recall a moment when they met.

"No, me and Nathan weren't on the best of terms for the past few years." Henry replies crassly. 

"Right, well Nathan, can we please go somewhere a little more... private?" she asks, casting a glance in my direction before smiling sweetly at Nathan. 

"Sure." he whispers in reply, not bothering to take anyone else into account, and following after her as she walks to her car. 

"What is she doing back?" Tasha asks sullenly.

"I don't know." I reply, glancing at them as she leans on  the car with a sickeningly sweet smile plastered on her face. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly jealous of her right now. What with her sweet ride (an aston martin) and her lovely glossy hair, who wouldn't be? 

"You don't think he'll take her back, do you?"

"Nah. She's not here to get back with him, is she? Maybe she just left some junk of hers somewhere and wants it back." Sally says to me. Not that I'm buying it, the way that she's simpering up to him. Also why would she want to speak to him separately if that was the case? She could easily have asked for something that she left behind in front of us. I see Nathan rubbing the back of his neck and his fist clenching by his side. What on earth could she be talking to him  about? 

-Nathan's POV -

"I really mean it Nathan." she finishes, looking up at me from under her eyelashes. Man she looks cute like that, she always did get my heart beating faster when she did that. 

"I don't know Jen..." I mumble, still unsure of what I want. 

"I get that. You need time to think it over and stuff, that's fine. I'll wait." she says, pulling me into a hug. Before I know what I'm doing I'm hugging her back. It feels good, it feels familiar. "Bye Nathan, think about what I said, ok?" she says serenely, stepping into her car. I stare at the car for a few seconds and then wrench the door open again. "Care to join us?" I ask her. She looks a little startled and in all honesty I am surprised that I made the suggestion myself. Grinning she steps out of the car and I shut the door behind her. I walk back to Ivy and the others, trying to rationalise why I asked Jenny to join us and seeing their faces doesn't really make me feel any better. They all look...pissed. Especially Henry, he looks like he could kill someone, no prizes for guessing who. I try my hardest to think about what just happened. I mean, why is she really back? Does she seriously want to get back together? Does she seriously think that I can trust her again? "Aargh." I hear Jenny saying. I turn to face her, wondering what on earth could have happened.

"You alright?" 

"Yeah, my heel just got trapped in some mud, you go ahead." she replies, smiling at me warmly. I speed walk over to the others, trying to think of a good reason as to why I asked her to join us, not really getting one. 

"What'd she want?" Ivy asks me tenderly, looking a little worried for me and casting an unreadable glance at Jenny. 

"Just a chat."

"Just a chat?! She was coming onto you mate, we saw that hug!" Henry says heatedly. I cast him a glare and sigh, running my hands through my hair. I exhale really loudly and shrug, unsure of what to say. Everyone's looking at me expectantly but I have no idea what to tell them. I mean I'm not even sure what I want right now, whether I want to be with her again or not. 

"I don't know Henry, she just wanted to speak to me, is that illegal?" I ask him.

"No it's not but she wanted to speak with you alone, come on dude, there must be a reason for that. And why is she still here? You should have sent her packing!" 

"There's no particular reason..." I mumble back, remembering how she fluttered her eyelids at me. An awkward silence starts to form as no-one says a word, no-one moves, in fact it's as if everyone has stopped breathing. Ivy clears her throat and smiles tentatively.

"How about we have that picnic then?" she suggests just as Jenny catches up with us. 

"Sure." I reply, turning to Jenny and walking back over to the stables where I left the picnic basket. She smiles demurely and walks ahead of me, opening the door with a flirty smile thrown my way when all of a sudden the manure that Henry and Ivy set up for me comes cascading down on to her. I hear Ivy gasping behind me and Jenny shrieks whilst trying to get it off herself. I stifle a laugh whereas I can hear the others all laughing behind me, except Ivy who is mumbling to herself. I step around Jenny and get the picnic basket before walking back to her. "You alright?" I manage to ask, keeping a straight face.

"Do I look alright?" she asks me moodily, trying to pick manure off herself. 

"Want to go back and clean yourself?" I ask her.

"That would be nice, but I can hardly get into my car like this."

"Well we have the horses..."

"You think I can ride a horse?" she asks me incredulously. 

"Right. Well I could fetch-"

"Oh stop it already, wait for a while and it'll dry then you can get in your precious car and we can all be happy. Give the food over now Nath." Henry interrupts. This ought to be very interesting...

AN: Sorry it's so short and naff and stuff :(

ALSO ERMAHGERD JENNY GOT MANURREEEEED