Chpt 25

I look at Nathan and feel a little bad, it's understandable I suppose. Not that any of it was Henry's fault. "Nathan cheer up already." Gemma says, jolting him out of his dark thoughts for a while. He manages a constipated fake smile and then looks back at his bowl of coco pops. "Coco pops bro? Bit childish isn't it?" I hear Henry asking before slapping Nathan on the back and taking a seat. I smile at him and shake my head in disproval. 

"I think I'm done." Nathan states, pushing his bowl away from himself. He gets up and walks out, his hands clenched into fists. Charl sighs and Gemma shakes her head, looking upset. Henry gulps and starts to twiddle his thumbs with nerves. 

"I guess I''d better go." I say, cracking the tension filled air by speaking. 

"Someone has to. Good luck." Charl whispers to me as I get up. I'll need it, I think desperately.

"I'm going to need it." I mutter to myself, before turning around and walking out to where Nathan will be - the fountain out front. 

   I glance around the front garden, looking for Nathan. Walking over to the fountain I see him with his head in his hands, perched on the edge of the fountain. "Hey Nath." I whisper, touching his arm softly. He looks up at me with a scowl on his face. 

"What?" he asks me.

"Can I sit?" I ask him tentatively.

"You can do whatever you like." 

"Nathan… I under-" I start as I take a seat by him.

"No you don't understand, Ivy!" he practically shouts at me. 

"Look, maybe I've never been there personally but he-"

"He doesn't even deserve to be around her anymore I -"

"Nathan…"

"No Ivy, it's true."

"It was an accident! He couldn't possibly have known-"

"He's an irresponsible twat." 

"I'm not denying that I'm just saying give him another chance."

"Why should I?"

"You're related to-"

"I don't consider myself related to him." he snarls. 

"Nathan don't be so difficult."

"I'm not being difficult."

"A little bit you are though. Everyone else-"

"Screw everyone else." 

"Nathan you shouldn't hold grudges."

"Well it's easy enough for you to forgive him, isn't it?" he asks me snidely. 

"Nathan this really isn't the time-"

"I didn't realise that you still felt that way." he spits out before returning to skulking.

"Geez Nathan grow up?" 

"Grow up? After what he-"

"It was an accident! It was hardly done on purpose and he's apologised. What more do you want from him, huh?"

"To get lost." 

"Well that's not happening any time soon so just be mature and accept that."

"It's easy for you Ivy, Miss Perfect in every blooming way but some of us can't just forgive and forget." 

"I'm not bloody perfect Nathan I'm just trying to be mature here."

"You're not perfect?" he asks me with a skeptical glance.