Chpt 24

-Nathan's POV-

   I glance at Ivy, my mind whirring. Her breathing has slowed down as she's fallen asleep. How come I never noticed how innocent she looks while she's sleeping? She moves closer to me, her head resting on my chest, causing some weird fluttering to ensue. Instinctively I sweep the hair out of her face and smile. My eyebrows knit into a frown when I remember how the day turned out though. First of all Charl saying she's pregnant, then coming in here and of course there was him. I hate him, to his core. Ok so maybe not hate, he is after all my cousin but still he makes me mad. Just thinking about his phone call to me earlier makes me cringe. 

"Hey there Nathy, why didn't you guys say you were here?"

"We were going to call tomorrow." I said through gritted teeth. 

"Sure you were, heard about you Ivy, congrats."

"What're you planning?"

"Why would I be planning anything? Me and Ivy are just mates Nathy boy."

"I don't trust you."

"Just the one incident and all of a sudden we're worst enemies? Come on Nathan, that was ages ago." 

"So?"

"Haven't you forgiven Ivy?" he says, ooh he played that card.

"She…" I stammer.

"Don't worry Nathy, I get it, she can pacify you in ways I can't, eh?"

"Hey! That's not what-." I hiss angrily down the phone, just to hear him chuckling before hanging up. I throw the phone on the floor in anger, consequently smashing the screen in the process. Great. I shake my head to get rid of his stupid voice. 

-Ivy's POV-

   I wake up, glancing at Nathan's sleeping face. Aww he looks like a child. I take in his face, my heart thundering in my chest. What is about him that's making me feel like this? Surely I should not be entertaining thoughts like this about him. I get off the bed not wanting to over think anything. "Ivy?" I hear him saying groggily. I sigh and turn to face him.

"Nathan?" 

"Sit down." he says, gesturing to the bed.

"The others will be waiting for us." I mutter. 

"I'm sorry about yesterday-"

"NATHAN! IVY!" I hear an all to familiar voice, causing a smile to break on my face. 

"Is that Henry?" I ask Nathan, checking to see if I've gone mental or not. 

"Yes." he says, his face set in stone. 

"Guys if you're doing something inappropriate then stop it now because I'm coming in!" I hear him saying, barrelling into the room with a massive grin on his face.

"Hey Henry, it's been a while since we last we met!" I say, rushing over to hug him. He merely chuckles and hugs me back tightly.

"There's no need to glare at me Nathan, I'm not taking her away from you or anything." 

"Like you could." Nathan hisses sourly. 

"Oh come on Nathan, grow up." I say, turning to face him. He pouts at this but still looks at Henry stonily. 

"Tell him to leave."

"Oh my god. No." I mutter, as if he's still holding grudges?

"Its cool, come down for breakfast soon though guys, I have a lot of catching up to do. Plus we need to visit the stables sometime." Henry jibes before turning and leaving. Nathan's fists are clenched and his jaw is clenched. 

"Calm down Nath."

"I. Hate. Him." 

"No you don't-"

"Yes, I do. You have no idea Ivy." he replies curtly, glaring at me.

"You can't still be mad at him for-"

"Ivy drop it." he says in a final tone of voice. 

"Look it was an ac-"

"I said drop it!" he snarls and then storms off into the bathroom, leaving me fighting with tears and frustration. 

AN: It's a little lame and short but I have exams in like a week (AAAAAAHHH) so please forgive me ok? :) Also erm ... I forgotted :( 

There was something...

OH yeah, what do you guys think that Henry has done?