Chpt 37 - Final Chapter

-Nath's pov-

   I glance at the mirror, reviewing how I look, feeling sick to my stomach. I guess it's wedding nerves, not that I have any prior experience in this area. I reach for my phone to glance at the time, still got three hours to go. Why the heck do I have to be ready so early? Surely that's some sort of crime? Asks the lawyer, seriously? I can almost hear Ivy saying, if she were here and I'd iterated that thought aloud. I wonder if Ivy'll be there at all? Or will she not show because she's still mad at me? By gods I hope that she does show, there's not much else I can do to get her to come. I mean I've done pretty much everything I can think of, I just hope that that's enough. I glance at my phone, tempted to call her again. Just as I'm about to dial her number, it starts to vibrate in my hands. My heart leaps to my mouth, could it really be? I glance at the caller ID and feel my stomach drop a little when I see that it's Jenny. "Hey." I mutter, answering the call, "Isn't this meant to be like bad luck or something?" I ask nonchalantly. I hear her laugh at the other end of the line but she sounds stressed. 

"Very funny Nath. No it's not bad luck unless you see me in my wedding dress, which can't happen as that wedding dress is nowhere to be seen." 

"What do you mean? I thought you'd already sorted that out?"

"I had, it's been delayed. I can't start on the hair or make up without the dress."

"Right." I reply, unsure of what to say.

"Real helpful Nath." she replies drily.

"Well whaddya want me to say?" 

"I don't know. Ugh, I'm getting another call, I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, see you soon." I mutter before she hangs up. I bite my lip, wondering what's going on. I thought Jenny said all that stuff would be sorted out by her maid of honour? Stomach lurching even further I sink into a chair, groaning. This is not how weddings are meant to be, surely? 

-Ivy's POV-

   We all stare at the phone. I glance at the others, still shocked about what just happened. Gulping, I dare to smile at them and they all return the massive grins. "Can someone pinch me I think I'm dreaming." Sash whispers.

"Or we could just hit Sall's arm and see if it hurts." Tash offers mischievously. 

"Or we could dance around like lunatics and sing till our voices are dry?" I reply, clapping my hands together as the warm feeling spreads through me. 

"Well Ivy, maybe we shouldn't do that because then how're we going to be able to record our album with Big Break Studios?!" Sash asks, finally squealing and jumping around inevitably causing us all to join in too. After a few minutes of pure jumping and squealing we come to a standstill, completely out of breath. I look at them, offering a massive group hug which is taken up on very quickly. 

"Guys, we can make it. We've actually managed to secure a recording deal with the best agency around." I whisper hoarsely. 

"I wonder why?" Sally asks.

"We're just that badass, that's how." Tash replies, giggling to herself. 

"No what I mean is why did they ask us to come back and re-audition?" she mutters, causing the cogs in my brain to stir up again. I still don't quite know what happened and the phone call just was full of too much excitement and so I didn't even think to ask anyone. But the question's been playing in the back of my mind for a while now, I've been so confused as to who could have sent them the demo they apparently heard which made them think that we were worth giving another shot. I remember Nath's face in the crowd, or my illusion of seeing his face in the crowd. I also remember him by the pool, my heart thundering. I pull out my phone and dial his number, looking at it and biting my lip, wondering whether or not I should press dial. The girls seem to notice that I'm not really listening because they all turn to look at what I'm doing on my phone.