Chpt 8

I sit on the bed, tired out. Moving is no easy feat. I look at Nathan and he smiles. "Tired?" he asks me. I merely nod in reply and flop on the bed. "It's not that hard." he says. I sit up and study his face.

"For you Mr Athletic." 

"I'm not athletic!" he denies. I just roll my eyes at this.

"Whatever." I reply.

"This space is for you." he says, pointing at one of the two dressing rooms. I laugh at this. "What?" he asks me.

"That's probably as big as my room at home!" I explain, smiling. 

"Well this is what you get when you get engaged to a rich guy, you are such a gold digger." he replies, shrugging and winking at me. I get up and shove him playfully. 

"Don't be stupid." I mutter. "I also kind of like your hair." I say, grinning as he pouts.

"I'm not stupid. And there is plenty to love about me besides my money and hair." he replies

"I dunno about that..."

"Not fair!" he whines

"You have really good comebacks today." I taunt himm grabbing my suitcase and dragging it into the dressing room. I've seen it before but i've never really noticed it. There's a massive dressing table; not to mention the walk in wardrobe. I gulp. There's no way that my stuff will even fill half of this space. Gingerly I open my suitcase and start hanging stuff up. My tesco's clothes look a little out of place here. I sigh at this. Ah well, maybe the future really does hold some really nice rich guy who'll buy me everything I want... yeah right. I force a smile on my face as I put my abysmal make-up stuff on the dressing table. One perfume bottle, two nail varnishes, a few shades of eyeshadow and some lipgloss, that's about it. i turn to see Gemma smiling at me. I smile back, not sure why she's here. "Gemma? Are you ok? If you needed something you should have just called me, we would have come." I tell her. She shakes her head.

"Always thinking of others, aren't you Ivy? I came here to see how you were getting on."

"Oh, I'm fine thanks." I reply as she looks around. 

"You really should spend a little more on yourself. You could look even more gorgeous then you do now." she comments. I laugh sarcastically.

"Wouldn't every under priveleged girl? Nah, this much is fine for me."

"But you are going to be my daughter-in-law. You have a right to our money now and there's no refusing it." says gemma sternly.

"Refusing what?" I hear Nathan asking, appearing in the dressing room with his jeans on. Six pack on show, so much for not being mr athletic. I raise my eyebrows and he gets the message. Laughing he steps in properly and asks Gemma again.

"Refusing to pamper herself, or buy some new clothes!"

"Well yeah, you should treat yourself Ivy."

"With what? Monopoly money?" I ask him sarcastically.

"I could give you some money if that's the issue." he says nonchalantly. 

"No! That's stupid!" I reply, blushing fiercely. This is ridiculous.

"Right that is it. Me, you and Charlotte are going shopping tomorrow."

"Charlotte's in town?" Nathan and I both ask at the same time. I love Charlotte, she's Nathan's older sister, she's pretty much my older sister too. But this whole thing could get complicated if she's here. I mean would we tell her the truth or not? She knows all about John and I. And she knows that Nathan and I would never be together.