Chpt 20

I glance at Nathan with wide eyes. "You can't be serious?!" I ask.

"I am serious." 

"Nope. No way. Nada."

"Ivy when was the last time you went out?" he asks me.

"Not that long ago… I mean me and the girls-"

"No, just you and a guy you were interested in." he says in a determined voice.

"Well since John-"

"Exactly! There are plenty of guys out there Ivy and there's one for you too!" 

"Nu-uh." 

"Yuh-huh." 

"This is stupid!" 

"No it's not."

"I am not going on some stupid ass blind date." I reply, crossing my arms in an angry way. Nathan sighs at my stubbornness. "And what if someone saw me? They'd all think I was cheating on you Nathy." 

"No-one would see you though! It's foolproof Ivy." 

"What's foolproof?" I hear Sally asking as her and the girls step into the room.

"Oh Nathan is just setting me up on a date." I say casually, watching Nathan's eyes widen. 

"So you told him we know then?" Tash asks, closing the door behind her. 

"What's going on Ivy?"

"Oh! Did I forget to tell you that the girls know about our fakeness?" I ask him with a coy grin. 

"Ivy what're you-" he starts but is interrupted by Sally. 

"So you're setting our girl up on a blind date?"

"That was the plan."

"I don't think that that's very Ivy." 

"Well what do you propose then?" he asks her sarcastically. 

"Propose for what?"

"To get Ivy to have a social life."

"We've been trying for ages but for some reason she's still hooked onto that loser John." 

"So then a blind date hasn't been tried yet?" Nathan asks us, "Correct?" 

"Correct." Sally says, grinning maliciously.

"I will nor go on one!" 

"Fine, fine. What if Nathan went with you?" Sally asks. 

"What are you on about?" Nathan asks.

"Well Ivy's main issue with blind dates is that they could be weirdos and she could hate them or vice versa, so what if Nathan went and stayed with you just to make sure everything went well?" 

"No! I'm not going with her."

"Why not?" I ask, a little offended by this. 

"It'd look stupid, why should I ruin your date?" he says in his defence, that's when it hits me.

"I'll go but I have one condition."

"What?" Nathan asks eagerly.

"Double blind date." I reply.

"I'm a little confused." Tash admits.

"Me too." Nath whispers.

"I'll go on a blind date if you go on a blind date as well, like a double blind date."

"Great idea Ivy!" squeals Sasha.

"Too bad we can't put it into practice." Nathan mumbles.

"Why not?" I ask. 

"Who'd set me up with someone?"

"We could find the dates! We'll get it all sorted, you two don't worry." Sally whispers with a knowing smile and I groan as they walk out, refusing to listen to my protests. 

"Well done Nath, I hope you're happy." I mumble moodily. 

"I am actually, come to think of it I don't think I've ever been on a double date with you."

"Because dating is awkward for me! I'm the weird girl who no sane person would ever date." I reply, sighing dramatically. 

   I pull my skirt (I say my but the skirt is actually Tasha's) down, feeling very uncomfortable. Nathan laughs at this and I glare at him. "You look fine Ivy, stop with the stressing, ok?" he asks me quietly, gently squeezing my arm. I see girls glaring at me with squinty eyes as they walk by. God knows what they're assuming, do they think that me and Nath…? Nah, I'm nowhere near good looking enough. Nathan checks his watch again. "Geez they're taking their time, huh?" he asks me quietly.

"Your date'll be here soon. If not there's a bar full of girls who want you." I say a little bitterly.

"This is your problem Ivy."

"What is?"

"You don't think that there's guys in there who want you?" he asks me quietly. 

"Of course not! Maybe some of the drunk ones…" 

"Don't be stupid. Plenty of guys have given you the one over as they've walked past." 

"You're just saying that to be nice." 

"Am not." he jests.

"Are so."

"Wanna bet?" he asks me, extending his hand, his eyes alight with mischief. 

"No I don't, I want to know where our supposed dates are." I mumble.

"Someone's eager."

"I just want this night to be over with. It's embarrassing."

"Why is it?"

"You wouldn't understand, I'm calling Sally." I mutter, dialling her number into my mobile and waiting for her to pick up. Come on, I urge her silently, pick up your damn phone.

"Heeelllo." I hear her saying and I can tell - I can just tell - that there's something afoot.

"What've you done?" I ask her.

"Well you are at Poison Night Club, right?" she asks innocently. I grit my teeth and shake my head, cursing them under my breath. 

"No! You told us-" I start but she hangs up before I can finish my sentence. 

"Someone is full of profanities today."

"They've conveniently sent our dates half way across town." I inform him and he grins, nodding.

"Well guess we can put my theory to the test then."

"What are you on about?" I ask in a resigned voice.

"Whether or not guys would ask you out." 

"No Nath, can't we just go back?" I plead.

"Oh come on, a few drinks can't hurt." he says suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"You are a nutter. Fine, one drink it is." I whisper, knowing that I'll regret it later on. 

AN: Sorry it's not very long but I'm busy and the shizzle. Also got a bit of writers block with this so just taking it slow. Hope you enjoyed it anyway :)