Chpt 35

-Nathan's POV-

   I walk into the building, the CD clasped in my hand. "Hey, I need to see the manager." I say when I get to the receptionist. She looks a little startled at my forward manner.

"And you are?" she asks me.

"Nathan Green." I reply, anxious to see the guy in charge here. The woman types something into the computer in front of her and frowns, shaking her head a little. 

"You don't seem to have an appointment with Mr.Reynolds."

"I know but I need to see him, it's urgent." 

"I'm afraid you can't see him without an appointment." she says, shrugging her shoulders. I groan and the CD falls from my hands. I bend to pick it up when the receptionist's phone rings. "I'm sorry I need to get this." she says, picking up the phone and having a rushed discussion. She sighs and looks at me apologetically.

"I'm afraid I need to leave sir, I'll be back in about fifteen minutes, and then I can slot you in for an appointment with Mr.Reynolds, is that ok?" she asks me.

"Sure." I reply, watching her open the side door and walking in the opposite direction. I grab the door before it has time to close and slip into the office that she was in. I glance around and spot the tannoy system, and I find the CD slot. Hopefully the manager guy will be able to hear this, if not then this will go terribly wrong. I mean I know that once he hears the band, once he hears the melody of Ivy's voice he'll want to sign them. Heck he'll be begging them not to sign with anyone else. I press play and sit back in the chair, closing my eyes and leaning back as I let Ivy's voice washes throughout the building. I hear rapid movements and I get out of the chair as the receptionist walks back in, looking flustered. "What are you doing?" she asks me tersely, turning off the tannoy. 

"Sorry, I just had to-" I start, but I'm cut off by footsteps and a booming voice.

"What was that?" 

"Sorry sir, this man here got into the office I didn't know he would do that sir." the receptionist apologises to whom I presume is the manager. He narrows his eyes at me and crosses his arms over his chest, as if asking for verification of what the receptionist just said. 

"It's true but I just knew you needed to hear talent which your scouts didn't pick up on." I say boldly. 

"Is that right?" he asks inquisitively. 

"It is right."

"The sound of a band isn't all that we base our recording's on, or else we wouldn't maintain the reputation that we have."

"Yeah I get that, I honestly do, but this band was let down because one of their members broke their arm and then someone promised to show up and play instead so they didn't lose their aesthetics but that someone let them down and they really deserve a chance." I mumble all in one breath. He raises his eyebrow at this.

"Would that someone possibly be you, Mr…?" he asks me.

"Nathan, Nathan Green. And yes, that someone would be me, I'm a doofus and I know it but the only way to rectify this is to have you reconsider them as a band." 

"Well, follow me into my office Mr.Green, I do have to admit the vocalist did have something special in her voice." he muses as he leads me to his office.

   "So you can give them a shot?" I ask.

"Yes, so long as they prepare a presentation. I'll pencil them in for two weeks today, 9 o'clock sharp." he says, writing something in his diary.

"Great, thanks a lot, but would it be possible to do it before next week?" I ask cheekily. He surveys me and puts the pen down.

"You're quite demanding, aren't you? I'm guessing there's a reason to this outlandish behaviour, do tell me more, this situation sounds very intriguing." he pries.