Chpt 27

"What do you mean?" he asks again. Nathan glances at me and then at him, hatred and anger filling his eyes. 

"What are you doing here?" Nathan asks in a hostile voice. 

"I just came to see if you were ok man."

"I'm fine, can you leave? Me and Ivy were kinda in the middle of an important conversation before you-"

"Before I overheard? What's this about you guys faki-" he starts but I pull him into the room and shut the door behind him before turning to Nathan, worried. 

"Nothing." Nathan replies.

"But I heard Ivy saying-"

"You heard wrong then." Nathan hisses testily. 

"Nathan what's going on?" he asks. 

"Nothing is going on, why can't you just go?" 

"Nathan I know you aren't-"

"Go." 

"I know what I heard. What's really happening?" Henry asks, looking at me now. I gulp, unsure of what to do. Why is it always me who ends up in these situations?

"Nothing." I lie, badly. 

"Ivy you're a terrible liar." Henry says. I glance at Nathan, unsure what I should do. 

"That she is." Nathan grumbles, shooting me the evils. I shrug innocently, trying my best not to run out of the room whilst I still can. Why is it that I always manage to land myself in a huge heap of trouble? 

"So what's really going on then…?"

"I think it's best if we talk about this elsewhere." I venture to say, glancing cautiously towards Nathan.

"Not a bad idea." he says, getting up and storming out of the room. Me and Henry both glance at each other before resolving to follow him out of the room. 

   Nathan leads us to the stables and we seat ourselves on the bench which we always used to sit on. "So. Care to explain?" 

"Well basically-" I start before a cold glance from Nathan stops me short. 

"I don't think it's any of your business what goes on between me and Ivy." Nathan says to Henry plainly.

"I think I deserve to-"

"You don't deserve anything." 

"Nathan, man, come on-"

"No! You don't deserve a thing from me. It would be best if you just left for good." Nathan shouts. I really do regret sitting in between the two now. Henry studies Nathan's face and sighs.

"You really want that?" he asks quietly.

"What do you think?" 

"Fine. I'll leave tonight." Henry says, shaking his head and getting up. "Even if you don't tell me about the fake engagement thing. Does anyone else even know?"

"Why are you so adamant that it's fake?" Nathan asks him.

"I know what I heard mate. Me you and Ivy've been friends since god knows when. You really think I can't tell when the two of you are lying?" he asks with a mischievous grin. 

"He does have a point Nath." I whisper as the tension starts to build up again. 

"Don't worry man, I'm not going to tell anyone. Just wondering who else knows." Henry asks with a curious glint in his eyes. I feel Nathan shift beside me as he pays attention to Henry's actions. 

"You are really going to leave tonight?" he asks him eventually. 

"If that's what you want. You obviously aren't going to be forgiving me and there's no sense in staying if you don't want me here." he says with a sigh, looking downcast. 

"Just forgive him Nath!" I shout as memories of the past flood my head. It seems I'm not the only one who is affected by past memories as Nathan sighs heavily and nods.

"You're right. Best letting bygones be bygones." he whispers, standing up and tackling Henry into a hug. 

"So this fake engagement…?" Henry asks when Nathan sets him free. Nathan glances at me and I shrug, standing up too. 

"You wanna explain or should I…?" I ask him.

"Basically…" 

AN: So so so so so soooo sorry it's so short and late and stuffs. Been busy busy busy and I will be for a while now because I'll be applying for uni in September... eeeek :/. Hence the slow updating status. Hope you guys don't mind too much :)