Chpt 21

I take another shot of vodka, the music becoming obscenely loud. "Nath?" I whisper, looking for him. Probably off with some skinny ass girl or something. I knew coming here was a bad idea, and these vodka shots aren't even that nice. Don't see what the fuss is over them if I'm honest. Sighing I check my watch, it's 11:30. I attempt to stand up but end up stumbling, only to be caught by a roguish looking guy. In his late 20's early 30's would be my bet for his age. Quite nice with a little bit of stubble, giving him a more manly look than most guys. "You wanna watch yourself." he advises, helping me up. I laugh at this.

"Thanks, can I ask for a name?" 

"Oliver." he says, extending his hand.

"Ivy." I reply, shaking it. 

"That's a cute name." he comments.

"You think?"

"I do. So what brings you here?" 

"Meant to be on a blind date." 

"With that blonde lad?" he asks, pointing at Nathan. I frown, how on earth did he know that?!

"Yeah… mind if I ask how you know that?" 

"I was er… sort of… ahem." he says and I swear he's blushing or something. 

"You were what?" I ask, curious. What if he's some sort of serial killer that was stalking me and Nathan? Worse still what if he's gay and hopes I can set him up with Nath? That would be so embarrassing and an awful waste because he looks quite fine. I don't know if that's me or the vodka talking but either way he's nice. 

"Would you be freaked out if I told you I was checking you out earlier on in the evening?"

"I'd be worried for  your eyesight."

"Why?"

"I avoid looking in a mirror at all costs. The only reason I decided to inflict my ugly on the world is because my friends persuaded me to go on a blind date. That turned out well." I manage to stammer, not having enough energy to fully explain the situation. 

"You've got to be kidding me! You're gorgeous, why would you not want to look in the mirror?"

"I break them. You're calling me gorgeous? A guy like you could land half the chicks in here, is this some sort of dare?" I ask, paranoid. He merely laughs at this and shakes his head.

"It's not a dare! And I don't' believe you break mirrors for one second. I really like you. You're funny as well as cute, goes a long way."

"Trust me mate it's the alcohol speaking, not me."

"Either way I'd like to get to know you better."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that. I'm not that fun in all honesty, if I was you'd think I'd be able to hold up a date, right?" I ask, pointing over at Nath. Technically he isn't my date but he's close enough. 

"He seems an idiot to let you slip out of his hands, still all the better for me else I'd be sitting here the whole night wishing I was him."

"Seriously?" I ask quietly, taking in this guy. 

"Honestly." 

"Let me tell you Ollie, I can call you that right?" I ask.

"Sure." 

"Well, let me tell you that your chat up lines are fantastic."

"So I can have your number?" he asks me with an adorable smile.

"Sure you can it's-"

"Ivy? What're you doing?" I hear Nathan asking from behind me.

"Oh hey Nath! I was just giving Ollie here my number." I reply, giggling. I grab another vodka shot and down it. Must be the alcohol that makes me feel this alive. Ollie looks between the two of us awkwardly. "Anyway it's 07-"