Chpt 17

Sally's POV

Ivy can be so dense at times. It's so annoying how she can't see it, her and Nathan are so perfect for each other. Of course she wouldn't think that, she's too hung up over John. But by the end of this little holiday I'm sure that we'll have this down to a T and there will be real chemistry between them. Even their kiss on her engagement party was full of passion. Not that we've said anything to her about it, but it's true. There's no way of denying it and so what if she needs a little help realising this? Isn't that what friends are for? To help each other out. I glance at her talking to him softly in the corner of the stables as he looks moodily at the floor. There's definitely something there, the way she looks at him and the way that he's now smiling at her, his angry strop vanishing within seconds. "You're thinking it too, aren't you Sally?" I hear Tash asking me. I nod at this, sighing.

"She's just too blind to it."

"Love is blind though, isn't it?" Sasha says as we all laugh. 

"We have to at least try guys, isn't this what we've been saying all these years?"

"Oh yeah, there's no way that we're missing out on this opportunity." 

"They are made for each other." Tash agrees, as we all start to think.

"We've got to have more than one plan though, you know what Ivy is like it'll take her a while to admit any feelings that she has." Sasha points out.

"True, true. We need to get them together alone at least five or six times, if not more." I mutter, frowning with the effort of thinking up scenarios.

"Well..." Tash starts, a wonderfully evil glint in her eyes. 

*************************************************************************

"That is brilliance!" I exclaim, squealing. 

"Tash you are a genius." Sasha admits. 

"Ivy sure is lucky to have us as friends." I conclude because in all honesty she is. Sasha opens her mouth to say something but I shake my head ever so slightly because they're coming over. All of this planning would go to waste if they over heard anything. We may have to get Charl in on the act but that shouldn't really be a problem because she likes the idea of giving them time alone. It's what they need to be honest. "Ready to leave?" Nathan asks casually and we all nod, grinning. Nathan smiles and then walks out of the stables as quickly as possible, the guy really has issues but if Ivy likes him then she likes him. Even if she's not really aware of it yet. She looks at us all suspiciously, as if she knows that we're planning something, which she probably does. "Guys you're really scaring me." she admits.

"Why? Come on Ivy, we aren't that ugly." I say, grinning as she shakes her head.

"You know that I didn't mean that!" 

"Well what else could you possibly be referring to?" Sasha asks innocently. Ivy merely narrows her eyes at us.

"You guys are planning something, I can feel it." she mutters, looking at us as if we're a mutinous crew about to turn on her. 

"Chill it Ivy, aren't we going? Your fiancee is waiting." 

"Yeah, yeah." 

"To be honest it's a surprise that he thinks that we don't know that it's a fake engagement because we are your best friends." 

"And of course if he knew then you wouldn't have to promise us not to get mad." I finish off. Ivy gives us all stony glares.

"I told him that I told you we were keeping it a secret. He was suspicious at first and to be quite honest I don't see why you guys are so damn intent on making us get together! It's not going to happen!" she exclaims, looking as if she's given up.

"You tell yourself that babe." Tash whispers before we all leg it out of the stables, laughing.

Normal POV

I stare out after the girls as they giggle whilst running out of the stables. Why are they so intent on me and Nathan getting together? What is wrong with the world? Can't we just be friends and stay like that? Ugh, I love them and all but they really do annoy me at times. Like now, for instance, they needn't be so secretive about whatever is it that they're planning. The only problem is that I know they're probably planning some stupid 'get together' thing for me and Nathan and I'm unsure of how to avoid it. Knowing them they'll have like a million back up plans so I'm going to have to work aroud all of that. And this was supposed to be a holiday! So much for that, instead it seems to be a battle of wits and strategy. Ugh this is not going to end well. They seem so sure that I like Nathan, but there's something worrying about that. I know that I should be over John by now - heck it's been long enough since we broke up but I don't know, there's still something about him, just thinking of him makes me feel all jelly-like. And I know I'm meant to hate him because he was an arse and he said some horrible things to me but I can't stop my heart. My brain hates him through and through but my heart doesn't want to play ball. Deep in thought I follow them out, my heart battling with my head. "You alright, Ivy?" I hear Nathan asking me. I snap out of my train of thoughts and look at him. Really look. But no, nothing, that's what I feel. I mean I love him , of course I do, but it's completely platonic. So why don't the girls believe me? They're so hung up on this stupid idea of childhood romance. "Ivy?" he questions again and I feel the girls looking at us from ahead.

"I'm fine Nath, lets go." I reply quietly but try as I might I can't seem to get John out of my thoughts now. Why, oh why, did I open us this stupid can of worms? There really wasn't any need. 

Upon reaching the house we dine. When I say dine, that's exactly what I mean. It's very posh and up scale and so tiresome. They really go all out on holiday. I finish the last of my ice-cream with a satisified grin. Man do I love food, girls which go on crazy ass diets do not make any sense to me. Why would you do that to yourself? I could never starve myself, I love food way too much to give it up for some random guys which may or may not check me out when I walk down the street. I catch Nathan grinning at me and I frown at him. "What?" I ask innocently, getting up as everyone else has also finished. 

"Nothing." he replies with his dopey grin on his face.

"You're obviously thinking something!" 

"No I'm not." he retorts. 

"That's impossible, even if you're not thinking of something you're thinking that you're not thinking something." I say, confusing myself. 

"Right." he mutters.

"Although I suppose it is you that I'm talking to, and you're known to have an empty brain."

"An empty brain? What is that supposed to mean?" he asks incredulously.

"Exactly what you think." i inform him. 

"You're going to regret that soon." he taunts me. 

"Oh really? Care to elaborate?"

"Erm... no not really." he says, still smirking. 

"You are so irritating."

"Meh, you're the one that's engaged to me." he replies and I give him a withering look. 

"God knows why." I mumble to myself.

"Because you love me." he says with his cocky grin still on his face. 

"Geez can you guys please save your lovey dovey staring for the bedroom?" Sasha asks, sniggering as I look away from Nathan, blushing like a carnation. 

"Sorry I just can't keep my eyes off her." he says with a dramatic sigh. I attempt nudge him under the table but end up nudging Tasha instead.

"And the footsie needs to stop. Or at least get a better aim Ivy." she says, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"You're all mean." I stammer and then walk away, biting my lip, deep in thought. I can hear them laughing in the background but two can play at that game. I'll just have to get the upper hand somehow, that's all.