31 | Harry's Safety Card

Sweet girl, clever girl... happy birthday, you strong one! Harry and Ron wouldn't have survived two days without you xx

Hope you're all well-settled in Hogwarts now, ready for yet another remarkable year :)

Get ready for Harry to finally leave Hogwarts, around the same time that we wizards and witches are stepping foot inside... I open at the close, I suppose ;)

terribly sorry for the long wait, but that's what you signed up for, I'd say-- late but perfect updates! Hope you enjoy the read, lovelies ♡

Vote and comment, please, pretty please.

Under the moonlight, Remus clicked the lock of his house and stepped into the warmth of its walls

Under the moonlight, Remus clicked the lock of his house and stepped into the warmth of its walls. Sirius entered right after him, taking in the sight of any change that could have happened over the years. 

"It's just like I remember it, Moony," remarked Sirius in nostalgic awe, breathing in the scent of familiarity.

The entrance was split into two equally small halves: on one side was a bright kitchen with a round table of four, and on the other side was a dusty bookcase across a couch and an armchair. His regular seating site was illuminated by the shiny light of a long lamp and warmed up by the fireplace. By the end of the hall, which was only a few meters away, were what Sirius knew to be two bedrooms and a bathroom.

There was also a dark cellar underground, where Moony would lock himself in, and for a lifetime of the full-moon, he would try to break his way out to rip anything apart besides his own flesh.

"In years, nothing has changed-- much," remarked Remus, feeling his fairshare of uneasiness and shame from his fixed living conditions.

"Yeah, it feels just like yesterday," said Sirius with a small smile, "that we were all packed over here on this couch, coming up with plans or just, you know, talking."

Why had they taken the small moments that truly mattered for granted? It was a wish never to come true to rewind and freeze time on the good old days, back when together they had laughed till their stomach ached and water oozed from their twinkling eyes.

"I know." Remus sighed heartily, his gaze averting to the last friend he had left. And something told him that Sirius was thinking the exact same thing-- how lucky they both were for still having each other, beating all the odds.

"So, wanna pour me something to drink, or?" Sirius asked Remus, who was standing by the counter and handing him a steamy cup of tea. They pulled out two chairs from the table and made themselves comfortable, before Remus broke the silence.

"Right before we left, I spoke with Harry, and he told me that you--"

"I am not mad at him, okay!" Sirius cut him off quite defensively, provoking Remus' expression to shift to disbelief. "Or anything else for that matter."