32 | Abandoned

Toottles *waves and hides behind bushes*

I'M BAAACKKK!

Killing a writer for lack of story updates is still a crime, just a word of caution.

It's been a long day, without you, my friends!

Almost a year, it's been, but a tough one with no story updates-- but I'll put a stop to that, I promise.

Any of my loyal and lovely readers still here? Please say yeesss 🥺

Welcome back to emotionally heavy chapters*

Vote and comment pleaseee!

Hope you enjoy it :)

*********

Before they knew it, hours passed by, as two groups of friends spent time talking

The train reached its awaited destination, and Harry picked up his baggage and made his way to the station, swirling in excitement and anticipation.

This was it, Harry thought happily. He couldn't wait to start having a loving family to lean on, his family at last-- whatever that experience might feel like, he would take it all in.

His family at last-- Harry felt a smile tug its way up his lips.

***
Ron waved at Ginny to come over, and together they headed to Mrs. Weasley, who engulfed each of them into a warm hug.

Molly squeezed Harry tighter than usual and whispered to him in a choked up voice: "I am glad you're back, Harry, such a relief."

Harry felt a smile of peace overcome him, when the maternal Weasley gently caressed him in her arms. "Thank you," he said, feeling slightly guilty for worrying her, to which she returned his smile.

Hermione bid them farewell, passing through the platform to meet her parents.

"And you two!" Mrs. Weasley directed her anger at Ron and Ginny. "How could you be so irresponsible to fly to the ministry and endanger yourselves?"

"Kinda surprised you didn't get a howler for that," was Harry's whisper to his best mate, and Ron only shrugged back.

"I was worried sick when your father told me what happened," carried on an aggravated Molly.

"Poor dad," mumbled Ron in a barely audible tone, provoking Harry to smirk back at him. They both imagined Mr. Weasley trying to calm down his raging wife from snapping at him and possibly even destroying her own kitchen.

"I am sorry, mum, but we just had to." Ginny spoke in a calm voice.

"Not good enough, young lady." Molly pointed a finger in threat, the worry lines evident on her face. "That was very dangerous what you did back there--"