5 | Fighting Demons

Bellatrix was momentarily distracted by the sudden arrival of Albus Dumbledore (who ran on aiding a helpless Mad-eye duelling two at once)

Bellatrix was momentarily distracted by the sudden arrival of Albus Dumbledore (who ran on aiding a helpless Mad-eye duelling two at once). Frowning deeply, this isn't who she expected to arrive. Sirius took the look in her eyes to his own advantage and fired a lethal curse at her.

Unwillingly, she sank to the floor, drained by the loss of blood dripping from the fresh cut across her shoulder wetting the cold surface of the ground one drop after the other. Blinded by the pain, agonizing screams escaped her. Sirius looked down at her with triumph in his eyes and a lopsided grin sliding across his face.

Deciding not to waste anymore time, Sirius moved forward to a more worthy cause, revenge. The blowing sound of the firing curses was just distant blurry echoes, as if he had detached himself from reality. He focused all his energy in putting one footstep after another.

With a blunt flat look on his face, Sirius approached a thunderstruck Remus, who had knelt on his knees beside the now unmasked and unconscious deatheater. Remus muttered the counter-curse to reawaken him; the deatheater had only opened his eyes before being gripped fiercely with strong firm hands up from the ground.

Without even bothering to cast a single look at his face, Sirius slammed him roughly into the wall, making him cry out in pain. Sirius directed his wand between the deatheater's eyes... only then did he see the fearful eyes he regretted knowing one day.

The outrageous emotion Sirius felt converted to shock before guilt flickered across his face; he then felt his chest grow with sky-rocketing rage all over again.

"You...you killed him, and for that you'll see for yourself what it means to cross the redline." Being shaken with anger, Sirius snapped with all the power he could master. As for now, there were no tears in his eyes, only hatred and disgust.

He looked downward and laughed humorlessly. "Congratulations, you've done it again. You've killed me twice. And now, I assure you, you'll pay for it, once and for all."

Breathing heavily, Sirius glanced at where Remus was shakily standing; they reached a silent agreement on what should be done, as their pained yet decisive eyes met.

If they'd given it more thought, they would have definitely came up with another plan. But now, they couldn't think straight, blinded with revenge and loss.

Their eyes glared dangerously at his shaking form just like hungry predators readying themselves to attack mercilessly and rip their prey apart. Together, Sirius and Remus circled around him, raising their wands ready to strike.

"There is no Harry to spare you this time, and then again, that's all because of you." Remus said, emotion evident in his tone, as his normally calm eyes turned frighteningly dark.

"Avada kedav-" Sirius was stopped by the tip of a wand directed at the back of his neck. A cold voice hissed in his ear that made him shiver throughout, "wands down."