10 | The Boy who Thought He Had No Choice

***20 minutes or so Before the Mental Attack***

This is it, I have to do it. There is no other option. A certain Draco Malfoy kept on repeating these words under his breath countless of times. He was desperately trying to convince himself, make his own mind believe, that he truly had no other alternatives to choose from.

Frantically running away from the hospital wing, Draco gave zero focus on the destination his legs took him to. Glancing right and left, he found himself far from where he wanted to be, being at the seventh floor instead of Hogsmeade.

How in the name of Merlin did he end up here was beyond him. For a moment, Draco seemed to forget his mission as his mind revolved around his ever-growing confusion.

Panting heavily, he muttered under his breath, shaking his head, "I have to go back, to tell them." He took a few steps backward only to be stopped by a sight that left him awestruck, as the wall started decorating itself in the form of a gate. Upon hesitantly tracing the said door with his trembling hand, it opened itself to reveal a grande room that left him amazed.

This mainly empty room consisted only of a fireplace crackling in the corner, along with a single wardrobe that looked vaguely familiar. Pale eyebrows knitted in concentration, Draco squeezed his mind in attempt to remember the last time he saw something similar. His narrowed eyes widened a fraction as realization sank in.

He knew it! Catching his eye was its twin in Borgin and Burkes just before his second year, with the company of his father snapping at him-- as usual at every possible occasion-- to not touch anything.

Now, however, his father wasn't here... nor would he ever be with him again.

Curiosity driven, Draco opened the cabinet to be greeted with... nothing from the other side, but he knew there had to be something special about it.

A hesitant foot stepped inside followed by the other, and his hands reached over to close the door behind him. This was the first thing he could think of as an attempt to answer the mystery behind this cabinet.

For mere moments of silence, nothing seemed to happen. A silly attempt, he scolded himself. Just when he decided to let go of this game and do as he was told, his chest tightened as he heard noises coming from the other side, surely someone found this Merlin-knows-what room at Hogwarts.

Panic-stricken vividly shown by his racing heartbeats and sweating brow, Draco couldn't think of any other option but to hold his breath and wait for the coast to clear. By sheer dumb luck, he had only waited a few minutes before his wish had been granted.

Slowly opening the door, Draco was surprised to find himself in a different yet familiar place, Borgin and Burkes. Without giving himself a moment to elaborate on his train of thoughts, he straightened his robes and strode off. He disapparated, already possessive of the ability to do so since his father had pre-taught him.