16 | Trust the Marauders

This chapter was supposed to be up a few days ago, June 21, on my birthday to be specific. But, being a mixture of a procrastinator and a perfectionist... well, you get the idea!

Harry glanced at Sirius -who was grinning like an idiot- and smirked

Harry glanced at Sirius -who was grinning like an idiot- and smirked. In attempt to snap his godfather from his thoughts, Harry waved his hand in front of Sirius' frozen expression.

"Wha- Something bothering you?" Startled, Sirius spoke in a sarcastic, slightly irritated, undertone.

Harry shook his head, grinning widely. Sirius shot his godson a playful glare, accusing Harry's hand for bringing him back to reality.

And, that's when Sirius saw it.

Sirius' stormy eyes pierced the scarred wound tormenting the back of Harry's hand. In horror, Sirius felt something inside him falling at a crazy pace and crashing without a warning.

"What's that?" Sirius asked, his voice carrying a mixture of shock and barely contained anger.

Harry's grin vanished, and he stared blankly. "W-what?" He managed to say with minimal stuttering, doing his best in faking innocence.

"On your hand, Harry," said Sirius, his anger rising with every word.

"Nothing," Harry said, rolling his sleeves down to cover up the carved words that had been sliced into his hand from the continuous use of the sharp blood-quill.

Before anyone could say anything, Remus walked in from the door. Relief flashed across Harry's face, hoping for someone to side with him.

"If you ever want to be sneaky, I could teach you how," said Sirius, resting his elbow on the nightstand. In contrast to his lightly teasing words, Sirius wasn't playing around.

"But that's not the way it's done, Harry, and certainly not to me," Sirius continued with a deadly serious expression, his voice piercing the air.

Remus was taken aback by the irritation that rang out in Sirius' voice when talking to Harry, of all people. He knew Sirius all too well, and Remus was positive that his friend was holding himself back from breaking into the wild.

It has to be that something grave has happened to Harry- to make Sirius on the edge like this, Remus thought... no longer confused but instead worried.

"Harry, what happened?" Remus asked calmly, concern etched on his face.

Harry sighed inwardly... Little did he know that Remus would be as demanding as Sirius, for Harry to reveal his secret.

However, Harry wasn't willing to give in that easily, as he was desperate to take this dreadful marking of his year with him to the grave.

"I bloody scratched a mosquito bite... you know, it's like a sharp needle," Harry said hesitantly, with a forced straight face. Trying to keep his smirk hidden, he adjusted his round glasses that had slid down his nose.