17 | Behind the Bars on his Window

Harry wasn't given the full chance to ponder on his thoughts nor consider a way to open up the topic, since the silence was broken by Sirius' threatening voice

"Hands off, wolfie!" Sirius exclaimed, as he caught sight of Remus helping himself with a chocolate frog.

"Wha- I was just going to hand it to Harry over here." Raising his hand up in mock surrender, Remus spoke a bit too quickly as he innocently did what he'd just said.

Harry shook his head, a smile etched on his face. "It's fine, you could have one," he said, waving his hand dismissively.

"Why thank you, Harry," said Remus, offering him a smile. Remus ripped the wrapper and took the chocolate down his throat in one gulp before the frog had the chance to bounce around.

Remus was engrossed in the watery taste of chocolate that the card of the phenomenal wizard slipped from his hold, falling to the ground. He knelt down to collect the card which had Dumbledore -beaming and twinkling his bright eyes at Remus- pictured above appreciative words of his achievements.

"One, you say!" Sirius exclaimed, scoffing. "He'd hardly leave any," he ensured, knowing how Moony always was around chocolate.

"Shove off," Remus said, rolling his eyes, as he returned the smirk Sirius gave him.

Harry's face was taken over by a disbelieving frown at the prospect of acting like children. Harry had never been given the chance to act his age, as he always held the weight of the world on his shoulders.

But here, around him now were two men who had already seen the dark side of the moon and endlessly tackled the ugly face of the world... but still knew how to laugh their worries away, instead of leaving themselves to drown in the waves of pain.

Memories of what they once were, as carefree children, could lighten up their depressed souls. So, happiness and darkness were tightly held onto one another, just as two sides of the same coin, Harry mused.

And only then, did Harry truly understand the meaning of what he had once heard from Professor Dumbledore: happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

***
The air circling around drove back in a tense silence. Heaving a sigh, Remus reached into his worn out grey jacket, revealing a neatly folded newspaper of the Daily Prophet.

"Anyways, I wanted you to see this," said Remus, eagerness popping out from his eyes, cautiously handing Sirius the paper.

Sirius unfolded it hastily, flipping it to look at the front page. His eyes flew across the headlines, and the words fired into his mind and that of Harry, who was also reading from behind him.

You-Know-Who is Back! However, it's advisable to maintain harmony and to not panic, as the situation is put under control... the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, quotes.