13 | Guilt-stricken: Like Godfather, Like Godson

First thing's first, Happy late Mother's day
Hope you like it :)

P A R T. TWO : Moving On... Letting Go

"Now that Harry is alive and Sirius is saved from a terrible fate, they could be granted what they've always wanted, a family... yet not before receiving their fairshare of the inner darkness and endless emotional torture."

"As it seems, speechless pain and haunting memories possess the ability to take down even the most powerful of all, those who were desperate to keep themselves standing upright."

Darkness zoomed out, taking over every corner of the hospital wing

Darkness zoomed out, taking over every corner of the hospital wing. A sparkling rose light of dawn intruded from the finest line between the swaying curtains that shed light on the two sleeping forms. The settled-in silence was only broken by soft breathing. If it weren't for the residing circumstances, it could have been sensed as one of those peaceful carefree moments in which human nature tends to enjoy.

Moments later, the echo of silence was broken by Harry groaning slightly as he rolled over. His head gradually cleared from the absolute darkness that had so abruptly consumed it. His brain gave signs of arousal, but he desperately wished to slide back to the bliss of thoughtless sleep.

Despite being warmly tucked in by the comforter, he shivered violently, feeling the cold cut into his bones. Knowing he had no other option but to face reality sooner or later, Harry fluttered his eyes open.

Harry felt his soul grow heavier, as the events of the previous night came rushing back, washing over his mind like a flood. He felt like drowning and knew no one would come and save him, not that he could blame them anyway.

His eyes started to prickle with forming tears as reality dawned on him, leaving his mind reeling and swaying with self-induced destructive thoughts.

He had inflicted pain on those he cared for... he lost them and couldn't do anything to win them back... they would never trust him again, were bound to reject and abandon him as of now. It hurts! Why? Why was he always so weak, so vulnerable, to fall into the temptation of evil and even become evil himself? Why was everything always his fault?

Just so there was something to do with his hands, he carefully reached over for his glasses and restored his vision instead of the blurry figures. Harry felt a pinch in his chest as his eyes landed on his godfather, who was sleeping soundly on the chair beside his bed with his head gently lolling to one side.

He couldn't understand why or how Sirius was still here by his side after what was done. It didn't even make him feel safe or loved, not at all, he hated himself even more.

Just then, he was accompanied by a splitting headache; breathing heavily, his hand shot upward tending his throbbing lightbolt scar, the constant reminder of growing up as a lonely unloved orphan.. such sign has always been under the spotlight whether he liked it or not.