25 | Up to No Good

a/n: It's been a long time, yes I know. but hey, it's Fred and George's birthday, a perfect day for this chapter, may I add. {A day late, or maybe two, but let's not talk about that, okay?}

[ "Happy birthday, Georgie," a voice, he knew all too well and missed hearing in what felt like decades, softly whispered in his long-lost ear... the breeze of assurance reached his ripped heart, filling up its holes, while he was engrossed in gazing at his reflection in the mirror. "Enjoying it down there, buddy, you better be." ]

#sorrynotsorry :) *deep breaths* alrighty...

Sirius was the only occupant of an empty classroom, after leaving Harry in the company of Ron and Hermione

Sirius was the only occupant of an empty classroom, after leaving Harry in the company of Ron and Hermione. Ron had told Sirius that Remus was about to join him soon enough.

As for now, Sirius had to keep himself busy by taking in his surrounding, his eyes circling around the walls, allowing his memory to play tricks on him.

He silently reached out to the side-way edge of a vacant desk, knowing what he was heading to. He bent over, and there, on the bottom of the table was their hand-written signatures.

With a sad smile tugging his lips, Sirius traced his fingers on the carved words that read Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs... the marauders were here, unknowingly keeping their memory alive over the years.

It was done, he'd never forget, out of boredom, to which McGonagall nearly caught them and would have gladly sentenced them to detention, if not for sheer dumb luck that was in their favor back then.

Sirius was hit by a pang of reality that he was no longer young with a peace of mind, merely fearful of facing a simple consequence to his mischievous actions. Unlike now, ever since fear of loss became his middle name, he had been carrying on the burden of his past years, weighing his shoulders down... but as Sirius would always remind himself, never did fear omit bravery.

In attempt to force his mind to leave the past where it belongs, Sirius gripped his wand from his pocket to erupt the Patronus charm to call on the missing marauder, Remus, but to do that, he'd have to rack his brain for a happy memory.

Giving his eyes a rest, Sirius pictured the marauders roaming the castle, relying on their royal crowns... their faces had been bright with proud toothy grins, peals of laughter ringing around wherever they went, with loosened ties and hands swinging on each other's shoulders.

"Expecto... expe--" Breathing heavily, Sirius gave it a try but couldn't find it in his heart to continue. Just get yourself together, Sirius sighed bitterly at himself.

The Patronus charm had always been the hardest on him, not for anything except that all his happy memories were wrapped in dreadful endlines of misery.