2 | Reckless, yes! But, Caring

All faces frowned, heads rose up, and eyes followed the figure moving closer to them

All faces frowned, heads rose up, and eyes followed the figure moving closer to them. It made its appearance into the light, and they all recognized who that was. A man with black robes and greasy hair and a crooked nose but what gave him away was the permanent sneer on his face that he was probably born with.

Just a perfect way to continue his day, Sirius huffed rolling his eyes. He just couldn't stand being in the same place with that person and was about to act on impulse. Whatever Sirius was planning to do was stopped by a warning hand on his shoulder. It was Remus.

Although Remus himself was immensely mad at this man as well, especially after he terminated the Occlumency lessons, he was always better in controlling his temper.

"So, to what do we owe the pleasure, Snape?" said Remus, gritting his teeth and with as much sarcasm as he could master. But Sirius didn't miss the undertone of coldness in his voice that could have been missed if one didn't know Remus as much as Sirius did.

"It's come to my attention that Potter is on a rescue mission, a fake one, by the time we are speaking, now; he could get himself and his friends killed," said Snape calmly and with remarkable ease, but his signature sneer was still there.

This was enough to have everyone on the edge, but not as much as Sirius. Worry and panic were rotating around them in the silence of the air. Their thoughts were even contagious and echoed to their surroundings as the chairs looked worn out and the curtains were anxious and out of breath and the carpet was dead under their feet. Identical shocked faces were looking at Snape, childishly asking him to stop this cruel joke, if that's what it was.

Snape continued with a sneer, "he was under the delusion that the Dark Lord has captured his precious godfather. And just as the arrogant person he is, he thinks he can go ahead and save him"

Snape's lips curled into a smirk when he saw Remus clenching his fist. Registering the dark pools of horror and the badly constrained fury that mingled on the werewolf's face, Snape was satisfied.

** I swear to Merlin, the next few lines are in Snape's POV).

Snape was kind of enjoying this, a sensation he hadn't felt in years; for some reason, he felt satisfied upon the look on the face of his old enemy, Sirius Black.. it was one of pure pain and guilt that made him incapable of speech.

But still, Snape knew deep within that he had to do this, he had to warn them... so that they could save the boy from his own foolishness. Even though he would never admit it out loud, not even to himself, but he knew he cared for the boy; not for the boy himself as a person of course, but at least for Her, for Lily.

For Lily! the one and only woman he secretly loved and knew all too well that his love was not returned.

**
They were all driven away from their own intrusive thoughts by the voice of Mad-Eye Moody, demanding some answers, "how did you know about his plans? What do you mean he was under the delusion?"