24 | Ties... Under Threat

Vote and comment, please, lift up my mood

Vote and comment, please, lift up my mood. And yo witches and wizards, let's welcome Sirius back to the story!

Back in Dumbledore's office, Sirius was fuming, sharp rage radiating from him. The thick silence was only broken by the impatient drumming of his fingers on the round table.

Feeling heavy, Sirius wanted to crush everything of any value to Dumbledore, as minimal payback for his now squashed heart.

"Harry must not see you mad at me like this," said Albus, risking a peek at the Black heir, but that only amplified fuel to the flames of fury.

Sirius stared brazenly into his calm blue eyes that held the depth of magical mysteries, trying to silence the volcanic anger storming inside him by mentally counting to ten.

Dumbledore had asked Sirius to not reveal the end result of their discussion to Harry, at least for now, to which Sirius already felt a tormenting fit of regret for accepting in the first place.

"Fine," replied Sirius curtly, clenching his teeth that a muscle along the edge of his jaw twitched.

He tore his glare from Dumbledore when a door knock reached his eardrums, and in came Harry.

Concern outweighing his pain, Sirius instantly felt a smile coming over his face at the mere sight of his godson. Seeing Harry tense up, Sirius sighed bitterly at himself.

"Harry, if you don't mind, I ask you to tell us everything that happened yesterday before you went off to the ministry," said Dumbledore, jerking his chin at the prophecy in Harry's hand. "Lemon drop?" He asked, clearing his throat, to which Harry shook his head.

Harry began his tale, without any interruption, taking wild turns from the vision of Sirius being tortured to floo-calling him before flying on the Thestrals, all the way to his fearful and helpless encounter with the deatheaters.

"That voice, it was you?" Sirius had broken in breathlessly, mentally hitting himself for not checking the floo for flying heads.

If only... if only Sirius knew what that entailed, lives could have been spared. Sirius failed in saving himself and others tons of pain, unknowingly giving grief the upper hand.

Harry nodded, recalling how desperate he had been. "You heard me, then why didn't you answer back?"

Harry already blamed himself for not talking to his godfather in months, long tormenting months. Not even a single letter was sent, though he knew how much they both needed it.

In his defense though, Harry had been acting on the worry of losing his godfather to the incompetent authority of such a blind ministry.

The loss of ties had been initiated by Harry sharply shutting Sirius away, back when he'd offered to break-out from his prison-like house to visit them for the last Hogsmeade weekend... just like any normal guardian would have the right to, but for Sirius, it wasn't even an option.