34 | Raging Fangs vs. Thorns

Long time!

I wish you a late Merry Christmas & an early happy new year 😍

Buckle your seats for another long chapter, my lovelies ♡ I hope this makes up for the long wait.

Vote and comment, please, pretty please :)

Hope you enjoy reading, my deers

******Sirius had never given himself enough time nor mental space to wallow in sadness and grief, and now was no different

******
Sirius had never given himself enough time nor mental space to wallow in sadness and grief, and now was no different. After every dreadful fall to hell, he'd spring back up again as if he'd never been hurt at all. Sirius had learned to heal his pain in silence, lick his wounds behind smiles, while everyone else believed he was just fine.

"Remind me again, why I had to drop off Harry there?" Sirius hummed in a challenging mode, biting into his bacon.

"Sirius, we've been over this already," said Remus, his mouth gaping and his gaze helpless. "To keep him safe, it's what's best for Harry, Dumbledore thinks--"

"Yeah, but who cares what Dumbledore thinks?" Sirius scoffed, waving his hand dismissively.

Remus inclined his head up in silent prayer, "oh Merlin, help me."

"Look, Harry hates being trapped there," said Sirius brokenly, provoking Remus to sigh. "I can't leave him in the wrong address much longer, because trust me, I do know what it feels like."

"The Dursleys are not like your parents, Sirius, in any way," said Remus in compassion, his gaze breathing light.

Sirius merely shook his head in silence, unable to deny or prove anything.

"If for a moment I thought they were any similar, I would hunt them down with you," continued Remus in newfound determination.

"I know you would," replied Sirius, a smile gracing his features.

"There's no crisis looming--" began Remus, reciting a motto he'd once believed in.

"--except those that you create," supplied Sirius, smirking as he spoke the words from the tip of his tongue, provoking Remus to crack a light laugh.

"The point is, Sirius, you did what's right-- even if you surely hated every moment of it," said Remus, a gentle hand clapping on his shoulder.

"I know, I just didn't want to leave him alone."

***
Oh yes, leave me alone. Beating in relief, Harry locked himself behind his door, escaping the Dursley's clutches by a hair.

Harry caved in his bedroom that held some safety within its walls-- kept to himself from the first day to the next sundown. Nothing of worth happened, and for that, he was thankful.