14 | F R I E N D S

"Well then, now that everything is sorted, I'll call for Poppy

"Well then, now that everything is sorted, I'll call for Poppy. She wanted to check you over and possibly give you another very tasty potion." Sirius said, playing around with a disgusted face, before ruffling Harry's hair and walking away, leaving behind a beaming Harry.

Peaceful moments rang out before Harry's eyebrows knitted together as he registered distantly shushed and slightly undetected voices from the other side of the door. Countable healing objects started shaking around, rising from the table as they swung up into the air. Feeling his heart racing, Harry also felt the bed, and by extension the floor, vibrating from a semi-earthquake of heavy footsteps rushing and moving closer.

Harry, at once, spun around just when the door swung open, and closed with a loud bang, to reveal none other than his most favorite half-giant and his first connection to the wizarding world, the world he'd found himself in. He wasn't even aware of the wide smile that graced his features, as his no longer narrowed eyes lit up significantly.

Behind Hagrid's shaggy black beard covering up his facial appearance, his loving face brightened with remarkable relief when he caught sight of Harry.

"Hagrid, you came back." Harry said, bursting with joy, before pushing away the bed covers and reaching over to hug the most caring giant in existence.

Harry, in his full height, tried -and failed- to wrap his arms around the end of Hagrid's back, as giant hands gently embraced Harry ruffling his disheveled hair. Regardless of its resemblance to a caricatured hug, it was -in and of itself- uniquely loving and remarkably rewarding to both of them.

"I've missed you, Hagrid!" Harry's words were softly muffled as his face pressed against Hagrid. Beaming, an ear-splitting smile broke Harry's face as he said those words and as he took in the warmth of the embrace.

Gently pulling away, Hagrid's lively eyes smiled warmly down at him. Registering Harry's brightened expression, he exclaimed "Harree! Happie ter see yer. Miss yer eveen more!"

"And how wa' babeesitting Grawpiee, ey?" Hagrid asked with concern, as he awaited Harry's reply. Anxiety filled him up when Harry stuttered in hesitation before composing himself to give him a reassuring answer.

"Oh erm, well, it was.. spectacular." In memory of his last encounter with Grawp, Harry tried to think only of its pleasant outcome -as in the dead end Umbridge faced with the centaurs- and repress at the back of his mind the reason behind it all -as in the trap he'd so easily fell for.

That was a strong cue sufficient enough for the mental image of Sirius being tortured to rush over Harry once again, eating up his soul bit by bit. He involuntarily recalled the painful helplessness and the equally intense determination that bombarded him at the time. With a heavy sigh, Harry pushed away and blocked, to the best of his ability, the depressing sensation from taking over.

At least, on the bright side, this false vision didn't backfire on him as it could have been. For the first time since, well ever since he could remember, things worked out in his favour, at least in the end. Now, he just couldn't thank Merlin enough that Sirius was still here, by his side!