29 | Cloaked Hurt

Me to me: welcome back-- took you long enough! yeah, I know...

Vote and comment please :D

With the dawn of September, the world of enchantment awaits us all-- *excited squeals* hope you had a spectacular first day at Hogwarts!

Oh, and I wish @RoseLupin27 a happy belated birthday, though you seem to have vanished off the face of Wattpad. I mean, if you have taken the magical ride to Hogwarts, you might have invited me to join you! Hope all is well with you, stay safe :)

Anyway, let's jump in right away... tried to make it worth the wait <3

                         "Trust me, I am Sirius."

******
Under the invisibility cloak, Sirius silently dragged his feet forward. Through the carefree bubble of students chattering indistinctly around him and making their way to the Great Hall, Sirius caught sight of the grey jacket he knew belonged to Remus, alongside a pair of red-heads.

Soon enough, Remus fell silent when he felt an invisible whoosh of air charmed to lift up countable grey strands of his brown hair to rotate in a wave motion. Fred arched his eyebrows upward in surprise, yet George was alert enough to glance sideways to find absolutely no one around them.

His mind certainly far from the disturbing topic at hand, Remus huffed in irritation and rolled his eyes. "Seriously, Padfoot!" He exclaimed, gritting his teeth in a whisper, a knowing smirk crossing his face, to which an exaggerated groan was audible from his vacant side.

Sirius took the cloak off, his head coming out first to startle the wide-eyed twins, silently mouthing "boo." Remus urgently pushed Sirius to the nearest classroom to keep him away from view, closing the door after Fred and George who rushed in behind them.

"Glad I amuse you," scoffed Remus, amending the damage by brushing his electrified hair backward.

"You always do, especially with that not-so-serious look on your face," laughed Sirius, provoking Fred to grin from ear to ear and Remus to hide his smile.

"Wicked!" George spoke in awe, "we did this hair thing once to Percy from afar, remember Freddie?"

"Oh yeah, he was livid when he saw us," replied Fred, a huge smirk etched on his face. "The git took points from Gryffindor though, the only thing he could actually do," he added bitterly.

"Alright, well done boys," said Remus in a reserved tone, clapping his hands together, "but let's not get sidetracked here, yes?"

"Absolutely," Sirius nodded, adopting a solemn expression. "So did I not mention that Um-bidge is knocked out cold in her office-- my bad."

"You've got to be kidding me," muttered George, gasping half-heartedly.

"She was very rude," remarked Sirius.

As if on cue, a life-erupting explosion roared from behind the closed door that they all spun around to, and Fred reached his head out to sneak a peek. An undersized body-frame, coming out of foggy smoke, held onto her unsteadily breathing chest, gasping and coughing for dear life.

"Ah speaking of the devil," said Fred in amusement, clicking his tongue.

Remus turned to the twins, his voice just above a whisper. "Take her to the Great Hall now." Instead, it was Sirius who had rushed out of the room --not up for missing the show, they assumed. Alerted, Remus glanced back and forth, but finding no one, he stepped out in caution as well.