9 | Mischief Legacy

Godfather and godson opened the door to the hospital wing to find no one there but Remus being looked over by Madame Pomfrey

Godfather and godson opened the door to the hospital wing to find no one there but Remus being looked over by Madame Pomfrey. His brown eyes remarkably lit up as they came to the light.

"So, where are the others?" Harry asked cautiously

"Oh, they have been so nicely forced out by Poppy," Remus said and recieved a motherly glare in response.

"Now, Mr. Lupin, stay still. This might sting a bit," the maternal nurse said, wand in hand. The battle had left him with numerous bruises and cuts that were just about to be healed.

"Pity, Moony," said Sirius, a smirk playing on his lips, his eyes circling around Remus' injuries.

"Don't pity me, Padfoot. Your turn is coming," replied Remus, glancing toward Poppy with a resembling smirk etched on his face. She acted as if she didn't notice the snide remark, handing him a potion.

"Rubbish," Sirius muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes.

Sirius always hated being locked in the hospital wing and fussed over. From the countable incidents of being forced to that situation, he always ended up sneaking out. It soon became a known fact that medical attention just never seemed to work with Sirius Black.

Remus, on the other hand, was a regular monthly visitor to the hospital wing that he even had his own bed, registered just for him, with no need for a name tag.

Remus wore his face of bravery and determination; he seemed far from relaxed. His fists clenched tightly on the bed covers, as he closed his eyes and winced in pain when the salve made contact with his opened wounds. It seemed like forever, to Remus, till Madame Pomfrey released him from his physical pain.

After politely thanking her, Remus smirked at her expectantly, as he was positive in predicting her next move.

"Mr. Black," she said pointedly and gestured with her eyes to an empty bed for him to be checked over like a good boy. But then again, Sirius Black was never the good boy.

"What? No! I am perfectly fine right here, Poppy, thankyouverymuch."

With an exaserpated sigh, she rushed forward and dragged him gently to the bed. She had to do it her way if it wasn't done nicely.

"Poppy!" Sirius whined more like a child.
"Don't Poppy me!" She said firmly yet she had a small smile sliding across her lips.

If Sirius remembered correctly, she never tolerated any room for arguments when it came to the health of her students, whether former or current.

Being forced to lay on the bed, Sirius leaned his head backward on the pillow, groaning in frustration.

Harry, who remained silent throughout all this, couldn't hold his amusement any longer. He cracked up laughing at his stubborn godfather being bossed by a certain Poppy.