11 | Killing From Inside Out

**Back in the hospital wing

**Back in the hospital wing. The Mental Attack**

Sirius froze as he met a sight that stole his breath that was powerful enough to feel the blood run cold in his veins.

Harry had his wand raised against Ron with fierce rage and despise spread throughout all his features. Ron was shaking violently, out of pain or fear he didn't know. Ron was slowly backing away with his eyes firmly closed, not wanting to have sight of being attacked by his best mate.

But Harry would never hurt his best friend --that he was sure of --no matter what. He's too much of a Potter to fall for that.

With that in mind, Sirius approached Harry cautiously, without a single word uttered. Drowning in waves of panic, Sirius tried to tame his breath that was racing around faster than his heart.

"Back off Sirius, back off," came Albus' voice, ringing with determination and panic. Sirius stopped in his tracks though he didn't know the reason of doing so, but for once he did as he was told.

Harry spun his head at the voice of his old headmaster, his eyes flashing with beyond fury and hatred. Spotting a new prey and a way better one, Harry traced his fingers around the phoenix wand a number of times before pointing it directly at the headmaster.

"Dumbledore. How wonderful to see you again, but this time, I assure you, you'll be dead before you can say 'Merlin's beard,' Harry hissed with as much venom as possible.

Realization crept on the eldest's face as his theory was being proven true now just in front of his eyes. Helplessness was all he felt; the darkness inside Harry was determined to kill him, and he, Albus, couldn't even fight back in fear of hurting Harry. He was doomed, that's what his mind told him.

"Harry," Sirius breathed unsure of what to do, his heart beating at a crazy pace just like drum rolls. A pair of eyes burning with malice was what he got next.

"Black," hissed Harry, sounding like he was wrestling someone. His eyes were red with hatred and despise and his voice cold, so unlike himself.

Sirius didn't have a moment to think over that, since before a second had passed Harry waved his wand at his godfather with the cruciatus curse.

Sirius' eyes scrunched shut as he gathered all his willpower to block the shooting pain. As he tightly clenched his fists out of the stinging stabs, Sirius felt his fingertips dig into his palms.

Screams of agony sharpened the air, as his body convulsed in violent shaking as unbearable pain became all he knew... making it seem as though million needles were piercing every inch of him at the same time.

A few moments had only passed by for the curse to lift, but it felt like so... much... more. A piercing silence rang out through the walls of the room around those being in a shocked stupor, speechless and motionless.