28 | The Cat Left the Pink Toad to the Black Dog

Happiest of birthdays to Fred and George Weasley, the inseparable twins <3

For April fools, I did a grande prank on my sister and my friends, and oh man, if only magic was real, they would have hexed me into oblivion. 

In light of recent events and with the reminder that we only live once, stay safe and healthy.

Quarantine nickname is: how you feel + the last thing you ate, what's yours?! Mine is anxious apple.

***
Stripping the cloak off of his shoulders, Sirius wished he could just cut off his deadly thoughts from where they had resided. He was then greeted by the last person he expected to see here in Umbridge's office.

"Er, oh," mumbled Sirius in surprise, "what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question," replied the elderly witch, her voice stiff and her faint eyebrows arching upward. "And mine, you will answer."

"Well, I just--" Sirius began, but he had no idea what he was about to say. "Nothing."

Sirius had a sudden shift in mindset of being caught out of line alongside the marauders, just like the good old days, and once again he tried to buy his way out.

"What are you on?" She asked again, though not as firmly as she had intended that he smirked back at her. "I am serious."

"Are you, now?" Sirius spoke in an amused voice, with a soft chuckle. "I don't recall talking to myself."

She sighed in artificial irritation, mentally face-palming and groaning. "I can easily tell that Dolores has aroused a fierce indignation in you."

"Oh Minnie, you know I mean no harm," said Sirius, his eyes twinkling with long-gone mischief, provoking a glare of disbelief to come his way. "But yes, she does."

"What will you do with her?" She asked in a low and slow voice, giving every word a weight on its own that even Sirius couldn't disregard.

"Alright, alright--" said Sirius, gulping and raising his arms in mock surrender. "Torture will pay for torture, that's all for now. She has hurt so many --my godson, so terribly-- and I'd like to see some justice working on her."

McGonagall gave him a slight shake of disapproval, yet she couldn't find it in herself to argue with him.

When he received no confirmation, Sirius continued dramatically, picturing himself under the spotlight in a theatrical performance. "Oh c'mon, it's worth her crimes against humanity."

McGonagall glared at her former student from under her round glasses, for she knew that even he would back-down under the intensity of such a gaze.

If it weren't for the gentle reminder he gave himself that he was no longer a student, Sirius was positive this would have landed him in detention, not that he cared much.

It was then that his most respected professor cleared her throat and adjusted her glasses in a gesture of formality.

"Well I do feel offended on a personal level by her love for cats," said McGonagall not as firmly as Sirius anticipated, understanding flashing across her face.

"Yes, of course," said Sirius at once, in a forced reserved tone. A long moment it took for him to frown and mumble, with her far from expected words finally reaching his brain. "I er, what?"

"I'd consider it a gift if you'd change the cat pictures hanging on her wall into anything else," commented McGonagall, relenting with a small grin that stretched the wrinkles on her worn-out face.