Chapter Four: Family Reunion

Sienna Bruno.

Beautiful, stylish, and perfect from head to toe.

I'd never really thought about if Alex had other family members. I just assumed it was Antonio, him and his mother when she was alive.  

Now like a hurricane in Doc Martens, Sienna Bruno has swopped into the kitchen, gushing about her latest travels.

"Then I was in Morocco doing charity work. I also booked a job there taking photos for websites for very important travel businesses," Sienna explains.

She's running around looking for plates in the cupboards. 

"Alex, where are they?" she asks.

Sienna talks at about a million words per second.

"Top left," replies Alex, his focus not leaving the pasta he is scooping onto his plate.

"Right...here they are everybody!"

Sienna turns back to the kitchen bench with a stack of full of plates in her hands. With a huff, she hands one to Lily who is impatiently tapping her foot.

"Thanks," Lily quips.

Sienna flips her dark red hair over her shoulder. "Now next I was in Greece and my God it was beautiful! Remember when we went there when you were, like, ten Alex?"

Alex purses his lips and nods. He is still moving around the pasta in the large pot with the ladle.

Sienna smiles a full, white smile and holds out her arms.

"Oh, I just can't believe how big you have grown! It has only been two years!" cries Sienna, throwing her arms around Alex.

Alex's jaw tightens and he locks eyes with mine. They are icy and I can tell he hates this hug with a passion. I thow him a smirk.

"Excuse me please," Lily mutters to Alex, trying to get to the pasta.

With Sienna still hanging on like a baby Koala, Alex hands Lily the ladle. She fills up her plate and twists around in a flurry and comes to sit next to me at the kitchen table. 

"And of course I get to see my favourite zio!" cries Sienna, finally letting Alex go.

Antonio walks past with a plate so Sienna can give him a kiss on the cheek. "Preferito zio? I though that belong to Uncle Lorenzo. Anyway we are so happy you are here Sienna. Aren't we Alex?"

"Uh-huh," he replies. I'm not sure if Alex's coldness is because of their earlier fight or if he isn't pleased to see his cousin.

"I'm just so glad to be home and to be back in Australia," Sienna laughs.

"God, her energy is over the top," Lily mumbles in my ear, sliding into her seat.

I look away from Alex and chuckle. "Don't you like her? I think she is great."

Lily chokes on her food. "Really?"

With my knife and spoon, I twirl my pasta. "Yes, really. She is worldly and has a lot of stories."

Lily scoffs. 

"Also I can't believe my baby cousin has a girlfriend!" Sienna says.

I look up from my food and smile at Sienna. She looks me up and down.

Then she smiles.

Lily groans. "I hate fake people."

"What do you mean fake people?"

"That girl, whoever she is, doesn't like you."

"Seriously Lily. We just met, of course, she doesn't love me yet," I grumble.