Chapter Thirty-Four: The Plan

When you have written ten chapters in six days and are starting to feel the burn out 🥵

"Excuse me?" I mumble. I couldn't have just heard Georgia correctly.

The freckled-faced girl shoots me a glare. "You heard me."

I don't even have time to reply to Georgia's words before she barges past me. She steps into the room and seems to inspect the outlay, running her fingers over the blue doona of Sophie's bed.

"Is the room adequate enough for you?" I ask, hovering by the open door, still stunned by Georgia's tornado of an entrance.

Sighing, Georgia replies, "I suppose."

Still slightly bewildered, I close the door behind me. I keep my eyes on Georgia and she stares back at me.

"S-so again, why are you here?" I ask.

Georgia tuts. "Must I repeat myself?"

"Ah, when you say absurd things such as ending person, then yes!"

"Well, I meant what I said. You and I are going to form a plan to take that self-righteous asshole down," Georgia replies rather matter-of-factly.

Scoffing, I walk over to my own bed which is next to Sophie's and plump myself down. I put my face into my hands and my chest starts to swell. Slowly, I start to giggle, Georgia's words washing over me. Then the longer I laugh the crazier my laughter get. Maybe my brain has finally snaps from being alone for so long or maybe Georgia's plan really is as crazy as it sounds, but I laugh until my sides ache and I run out of breath.

I look back to Georgia. She raises her eyebrows at me. That's when I realise she isn't joking.

"Oh... you're serious?"

Georgia wides her eyes and nods slowly.

I throw my hands in the air. "Look, I know Will smuggled edibles into his suitcase, did you try one?"

"Are you asking if I'm high right now?" Georgia growls.

Shaking my head I shrug my shoulder. Georgia groans.

"No, Maddie. I'm sober," she states. "I'm saying I'm going to help you prove Elias lied."

Georgia's words start to sink in, just confusing me more.

"You. Help me?"

Georgia nods. "Yes."

I fold my arms, leaning closer to her. "So... you believe me, then?"

Georgia rolls her eyes with a flick of her wrist. "Of course I do. I always did. Let's face it, Maddie, you aren't cunning or smart enough to pull this whole stunt off, let alone plan it. "

"Wow, thanks."

"Oh, and I see the way you and Alex act around each other-like children you are-so you couldn't cheat on him. You two are constantly-"

"Okay Georgia," I interrupt, not wanting to know the end of that sentence.

Georgia purses her lips. "So I'm here to help since you are obviously not doing anything about it."

"Why?"

"As I said, you're not smart enough to see a shortcut in a jump round let alone come up with a plan. And you hardly leave your room anymore so you clearly aren't ambitious enough to-"

"Alright I get it," I shout, "I am a weakling."

Georgia nod approvingly.

"I also hate Elias with every fibre of my body," she continues. Then she draws in a deep breath. "And I also know what it is like to have everyone hate you. You don't deserve that."