Chapter Ten: Planning In Secret

We are on the road again. This time we are heading even further north and entering Queensland. The coach has just pulled away from the quick pit stop we took to allow the horses time to stretch and drink.

Being in a float for five hours must get stuffy.

Alex and I are sat near the back of the bus across the aisle from Sacha and Jack. Jack has snagged Sacha's glasses, making his eyes shrink, and has popped them on his face. They have hardly left each other's sides.

I take a scan of the bus with my eyes. Mia and Katy are sat together, scrolling on their phones. I spot Will and Lily sat together. Lily cheering over the fact that she just won her fifth straight game of Uno. Elias is also playing with them. Sienna is sat listening to music and Bishop is sitting by himself, taking up both seats.

He banned me, and everyone else for that matter, from sitting with him. He told me something about how if he has other people sitting with him he feels to claustrophobic and can't breathe. I reckon he just wants to use the extra seat as a foot rest though.

"Why are you watching everyone?" Alex suddenly asks me.

"Am not!" I reply, sitting back down in my seat.

"Am too," he smiles.

I let out a joking sigh and rest my head against his shoulder. Truth is, I was trying to look at Sienna and see if she was up to anything.

Anything could include and is not imited to A) planning to lock me in a bathroom so I am left behind stranded B) pushing me under the bus so it runs over me C) about to throw a dart into my eye.

"Alex?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Does Sienna like me?"

I feel Alex look down at me. "I mean, yeah, she keeps talking to me about how much of a great person you are. Also how lucky I am to be with you."

That's... very different to what she told me.

"Oh, cool."

"Why, is anything wrong?"

It feels wrong to tell him his cousin basically told me to piss off and leave him alone. So I hold my tongue.

"No nothing. She has been super sweet to me," I reply.

Alex looks down at me with a look of uncertainty. "If there is anything tell me. I know Sienna is very family orinated and isn't to fond of new people joining the family."

I shake my head and lie. 

I could deal with Sienna by myself anyway, she can't be too mean. Surely she will warm up to me.

Alex just nods and goes back to scrolling on his phone. I go to shut my eyes as I still lay on him but sudden movement prevents that from happening. I glance down the aisle and see Elias as stood up and started moving towards us. 

Please go away, please go away.

I don't think I have powers or anything but, miraculously Elias seems to listen. He stops a few rows down from Alex and I. I peer slightly over the seats and see he has stopped at Sienna's seat and the pair are talking.

Elias suddenly looks up and when he notices me staring, we winks. I try and quickly put my head down but damn it! Why did he have to catch me?

But curiosity gets the better of me and I look back up.

Sienna removes her backback from the seat next to her and I watch Elias slide down next to her. 

Why would he possible need to sit next to her?

I try to hear what they are talking about but it is impossible with the rumble of the bus. Elias leans in close to Sienna's ear and I can see his mouth move. I can't see Sienna's reaction but I can tell she is saying something back.

This can't possibly be good. But would Sienna really plan something with Elias? What would the two of them even have incommon? Why would they need to plan something?

No I'm going crazy. Elias probably just got bored and wants to sit with someone else.

For the rest of the bus trip though they sit together, laughing and whispering to each other.