Chapter Eleven: Why Are You In Here?

"Okay, who took the black bands?" I call from my set of cross ties.

I try to keep the plait in my hand tight as I search around Virgo's legs for the packet of bands that has mysteriously gone missing. Everyone around me shrugs, continuing to pull their horses' hair into neat rosettes.

I frown. This bun would have been perfect if I had the black bands.

The girls and I are currently plaiting up our horses for the show tomorrow. We have spent the last few days in Brisbane, preparing for the upcoming show. Now we are in the cross tie area of the stable we are renting, plaiting up and cleaning tack.

I feel bad for Bishop. I've left him to fend for himself with the boys. They are currently running around Brisbane, exploring. They have probably been taken away by a sketchy car. Actually they have probably gotten drunk off beer Will has brought for him now he is eighteen. Then the sketchy car came and stole them.

I hope you are still alive Bishop!

"Georgia, did you take them?" I shout.

I hear a moan.

"I am right next to you, don't scream at me!" Georgia replies from the set of cross ties next to me. "And just because my horse also has a black mane doesn't mean I used your rubber bands."

"Fine, I'm sorry I-"

"But I did make Sophie go and get them from you," Georgia calls over her shoulder, cutting me off.

I slap my thigh and groan. "You serious?"

She just shrugs. "She'll bring them back."

"Where is she?"

"Like I would know," Georgia snaps.

"She's your best friend! One day Sophie is going to wise up and realise how bad of a friend you are and leave."

Georgia raises her eyebrows at me as she continues to plait Aviation's mane. "Like that would ever happen. And I treat her fine."

I groan but Georgia waves a hand at me. "See she is coming now."

I look over my shoulder and out of this stable's tack room walks Sophie, carrying a grooming kit and my packet of black bands. She is laughing over her shoulder. Then behind her walks out another person. Elias.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Georgia growls, reading my mind.

Everyone looks up and over to Sophie and Elias walking and laughing together. They look so happy.

"Weren't he meant to be out with the others?" Mia asks, cleaning her mare's bridle.

Her English is still rough.

"Yeah..." I reply.

We go silent as the two approach us. 

"Oh, umm here is the kit you wanted," Sophie says, holding out the grooming kit.

She can probably feel the heat radiating off Georgia. Elias stands next to Sophie and acts oblivious to Georgia's anger.

"What is he doing here?" Georgia says, fuming.

"Does that really matter?" Elias chuckles.

"Yes," I chime in, walking up to Sophie and taking the packet off her.

"Fine. I have no reason to go with them. I'm here to ride, not go site-seeing," he sneers.

I try and walk back to Virgo, holding in my gag, but a hand grabs on my shoulder keeping me in place. I turn back and glare at Elias. He just smiles.