Chapter Nineteen: We're Sorry

"Let me in!" I shout.

The side of my fist is growing angry from how hard I am pounding the door. 

There is silence on the other side. I bang the door louder the heat rising in my cheeks. 

"I swear to God, let me the hell in!"

The doorknob starts to turn but I don't stop banging, not even when it starts to open. A slightly confused Alex stands in the doorway. He raises an eyebrow to speak but doesn't get the chance as I barge past him.

"You're meant to be at the show, why-"

"Shut up!" I hiss, walking to the centre of the room. "Both of you."

I shoot a glare Elias's way, who is sat in the middle of the carpet.

"Wanna know why I'm not at the show?! I'm not there... wait-what is going on?"

The red haze in front of me starts to fall as I spy the card game set out in front of Elias. He attempts to cover it with his legs as I give a look over to Alex.

"You guys were... playing a card game? Together?" I ask, almost laughing.

Alex rolls his eyes.

"Yes," he grumbles.

"So you are getting along then?" I look from Alex to Elias then back to Alex.

"No," Alex sighs, crossing his arms.

"We aren't getting along," Elias grunts from the floor, finishing Alex's sentence. "It gets very boring being locked inside four walls for three days."

"Right..."

Elias then smiles. "So why has our loyal Princess come to visit the poor commoners down here instead of riding all high and fancy at the show?"

The rage I felt just moments before returns and I remember that I am here is to kick Elias's arse.

"Acting like you don't know?" I spit.

Elias scrunches his blonde eyebrows together. "Am I missing something?"

My fists curl into tight balls at how Elias is acting innocent. He is disgusting and just looking at him fills me with rage at what he has done, and he can't even give me the decency to admit it.

"You son of a bitch," I yell, diving to the floor so I meet Elias's eye level. "Admit it!"

Elias freezes, leaning back to get away from me. I stare at him intensely, hoping he will say something, but he just looks back at me with wide eyes and confusion.

"Madison..." Alex murmurs my name from behind me. I ignore him.

"Admit it!" I yell again, repeating myself.

"W-what? I don't k-know what you mean!" Elias stammers, rubbing at hand through his hair.

"You know what you did!" 

I slam the floor with my fist. He scared me once, threw me against a wall, and pinned me down. Now it is my turn to intimidate him.

"You hurt my horse! You vile, disgusting, shitface, pig!" I scream.

Elias still looks at me, stunned. I feel my throat start to close as tears threaten to appear but I don't let them. I won't be weak, not anymore. Alex is then at my side, a hand on my back.

"Maddie, you have to explain," he soothes, pulling my face so I look at him.

I grimace and pull away. 

"Virgo!" I spit. "He's hurt and Elias did it!"

Alex looks between me and Elias with a baffled look drawn onto his face.