Chapter Forty-One: On With The Trip

The morning sun is just starting to peek over the horizon; it's another very early morning. SEC seems to be good at floating horses at the crack of dawn.

I make my way down the wide stone path towards the stable, trailing behind the members of the Senior team. Even though it's 5 am, the air is hot and humid so I only have to wear shorts and a tank top. The phone I have pressed against my cheek is helpful in cooling me down.

"No way..." Sarah's voice whispers into the phone.

I nod despite her not being able to see me. "Yeah, it's been crazy."

"I'm so sorry I believed the lies that Sienna and the hottie told. Gosh, I'm an idiot."

Laughing, I reply, "We all were idiots. Especially me."

"He did blackmail you, so that does give you credit."

"I guess... and can you stop calling Elias a hottie!"

Sarah sighs. "I'm only speaking the truth-that guy can definitely get some if he wanted to."

"Yeah, well, Sophie fell for him pretty hard," I grumble.

As I enter the stables, the delightful smell of hay and shavings filling my nose, I peer around into each of the stalls. Most of the horses are relaxed and dozing, not too fussed by the rumble of teenagers that have just entered. 

"That's true, I feel bad for her getting involved with that guy," Sarah sighs. 

I take a sneaky glance into one of the stalls and see a familiar grey mare standing in one of the back corners. She isn't alone though. Two girls stand in the darkness of the stall, embracing each other.

I swear I can hear the sound of muffled sniffles.

The one facing me lifts her head off the other one's shoulder and we make quick eye contact-it seems like she is startled by my sudden appearance. It doesn't take me long to recognise the jet black hair, freckles and angry stare-Georgia.

I make a weak attempt to wave to make sure everything is okay, but that is quickly shut down by Georgia waving her arm to tell me to bugger off. I comply, walking briskly away with my head down as to not draw attention to the crying Sophie being comforted by her friend.

Despite their differing opinions on this trip and Georgia making it very clear she wanted Elias gone, they have seemed to make up. Now, I'll always stand by the premise that Georgia doesn't deserve Sophie as a friend, but right now she seems to be doing exactly what she needs to be doing.

Those two are going to be fine.

"But at the same time, I'm super jealous of her," Sarah's voice booms straight into my ear.

I jolt at the sudden appearance of her voice, causing me to stumble slightly as I walk; I'd completely forgotten I'm on a call with her.

"Sarah!" I cry, my stomach churning with what she just said.

"What?! Come on, Maddie, you have to admit he was cute. I mean Sophie fell for him, Georgia went crazy around him, I'd love to have a go with him and I swear if you already weren't dating Alex, you would have fallen for him too."

Taking a deep breath, I try and ignore her statement to stop myself from thinking about how what she just said might be true. 

"I don't know what you mean."

I can feel her silent stare through the phone.

"And he lives in Sweden so... nothing would have ever worked. Also, he is a disgusting slimebag, who I would never have had a crush on."