Chapter 7 "Jealousy" (Edited)

Luke

I couldn't stop smiling while driving to my parents' house when the memories back at the restaurant kept flashing on my mind. The moment that Rhel agreed to have a date with me, I felt like I was going to explode of happiness and excitement. I know that it was against her will to go out with me but the fact that I would get to know her for just one night satisfied me. 

Parking my car beside my dad's, I got out and strode to the door. For tonight, I had decided to pay my parents a visit because it has been two weeks since I last saw them as they were away, having a vacation while I was holed up with paperworks. 

I rang the doorbell and with just two rings, the door opened revealing my mom's smiling face.

"There's my favorite woman in the world," I greeted and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Oh Luke, my son!" she said returning my hug and kissed me on the cheek. "I missed you honey."

"I missed you too Mom." With a smile, she then bombarded me with kisses all over my face s if she hasn't seen me for a long time. I admit, I missed this side of her.

"Okay Mom, that's too many kisses," I argued as I tried to gently pushed her. 

"That's enough Margaret, you're about to devour your son's face," Dad interrupted jokingly which I was thankful for as he poured wine on his glass. I smiled and kissed mom on the forehead before walking to dad's direction. 

Xby Counterflix

"Dad," I spoke as I hugged him, "I thought the two of you will be back here in a month?" I added and then grabbed a glass and poured some wine on it. I liked the feeling where you got the chance to drink with your dad once in a while.

"Your Mom can't stand being away from you, you know that." I just smiled and mentally agreed about what he just said. I understood how mom was. She had been such a worrywart yet a sweet mother since I was little, up until now actually as she constantly swung by my suite just to see and check up on me. The way she was, other grown ups would grow annoyed by her actions, but I was different. I liked having her around and her constant check up on me was a reminder how much she loved me.

Mom approached us and also poured some wine.

"So..." she cleared her throat distracting Dad and me. "Have you found the some interesting girl these past two weeks honey?" I choked about what she just said, instantly setting the glass on the table. Mom instantly sidled beside me and rubbed my back. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry honey."

"I'ts fine Mom." I cleared my throat, "Actually, I think I found the right woman for me." The two looked surprised, so was I when I blurted it without even realizing what I just said.

"What?" she asked in disbelief.

"Tell me you're not joking son," Dad said.

Even if I was caught off guard, saying Rhel was the right woman for me felt right somehow. "It's true Dad. I know she's the right woman for me. I can feel it." Rhel was unlike any other girls I had met before, and that difference made her special. 

Mom clasped her hands and flashed a wide smile. "Well, that calls for a small celebration honey. So, when can I meet this lucky girl?"

I arched my brows, "I'm afraid that's impossible for now Mom. You see, we're currently dealing with something right now." Lying to my parents made my heart ached but I couldn't tell them that the woman I liked didn't like me back, worst she despised me.

"It's okay son, your Mother and I can wait," Dad said while holding Mom's hand.

"Thanks Dad, Mom, I really appreciate it." My attention drifted away when my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I looked at the caller I.D and saw my secretary's number. I help up my index finger and looked at my parents apologetically. "I'm sorry, I have to take this call." I walked away, out of earshot and answered the call.

"Good evening Mr. Lacela, I already got the number and the address of the girl you mentioned earlier, um...Ms. Forbes." As Sara was telling me the number, I turned to my parents and saw them talking so I made my way upstairs, heading to my old bedroom.

After thanking my secretary, I immediately dialed Rhel's number and waited for few seconds before she picked it up.

"Hello? Who's this?" she asked and the moment I heard her voice made me smile. 

"This is Luke. I just want you to know that you have to start preparing because I'll come and pick you up at 8."

"How did you-..., nevermind. Look, I know I told you I will go out with you tonight but um...I have a guest tonight so I think we hav-..."    

"No, it's fine Rhel, you can go out with him."

I groaned then clenched my jaw when a guy's voice interrupted her. "Who was that?" I asked suspiciously as a feeling of jealousy quickly welled up inside me. I didn't know why I felt jealous all of a sudden when Rhel and I just met. Maybe because I liked her and when there something or someone I liked, I didn't want to share it with others.

"It was...no. You know what, I will go out with you okay? I want this to be over. I'll wait for you." And with that, she hung up. Normally I would get angry when someone would end a call before I could but this moment was different, instead of feeling angry, I felt...challenged. Challenged because Rhel was the first woman who did things I didn't expect someone would do to me, it made me want to keep going.

Glancing at my watch, I instantly took off my clothes, and wrapped my lower body with a towel before heading to the shower. As the water touched my skin, the emotions I felt earlier slowly subsided but Rhel's image hadn't faded on my mind. I could still picture her face clearly. Whatever I did, she kept flashing on my mind. But even though her image kept flogging me, I still liked it, I didn't want this disturbance to be gone. 

Looking into my palm, I could still feel the warmth of her wrist when I held her. Even I could still hear her voice and the words she said. Was this what other people felt when they like someone or love someone? Love? Was this love I was feeling right now? 

"No it's not love, Luke you just met her okay? This isn't love at first sight. You don't believe in that silly thing right? Or do I now?" Shaking my head, I tried to erase the thought that has been bugging me. 

After twenty minutes of showering, I got out of the bathroom and walked to my closet to choose what I would wear. As I found the perfect clothes, I immediately put them on before facing the mirror to check myself. I combed back my hair and sprayed my favorite perfume all over my body. As soon as I was done, I ran downstairs and went to see my Mom and Dad who were in the dining room eating their dinner happily.

"Hi Mom," I greeted, kissing her on the cheek.

"Oh honey, looking handsome as always!"she praised.

"And as always, thanks Mom."

"Where are you going son?" My dad inquired and I mentally scolded myself for forgetting to mention about my date.

"I'm going on a date Dad, to the woman who I said earlier the right woman for me."

"That's great honey, say hi for me!" Mom said delightfully.

"I will Mom. Okay I have to go." 

After bidding my parents goodbye, I headed out and promptly got in to my car and maneuvered out of the driveway. Seeing there wasn't any traffic, it was a perfect timing as I could get to her house earlier.

After thirty minutes of driving, at last I reached to my destination. A fancy house with glass walls appeared in front of me, it was a refreshing sight as the house was near the seashore. Pressing the door bell twice, I patiently waited for her to open the door. As soon as it opened, my smile instantly faded when I saw a half naked guy standing before me.

"You must be Luke Lacela. Nice to finally meet you. I'm Michael Marks", he extended his arms out.

I shook his hand and displayed a fake smile, "A pleasure to meet you Marks."